Skip to main content
Topic: Somebody stop me next time..... (Read 1001 times) previous topic - next topic

Somebody stop me next time.....

-being as the only time any pics of my '88 tc auto money pit is seen is in my avatar or sig, i snapped a few new ones on turkey day for an update.  i now have the rear axle "refurbished". took it out, cleaned it, serviced it and painted it.  put it back in with the new CHE upper and lowers and new spring insulators.  removed front suspension and strg rack, refurbished rack with boots, tie rods, hoses and new rack bushings.  rather than put in new ball joints in the old arms, i upgraded to the '03-'04 Cobra control arms, put in the correct ball joints(thanks chuck), along with new spring insulators also.

-as you seen her is kinda how she'll look.  a set of mustang pony wheels(to be painted white to match) and i have a set of saleen center caps that will go on.  as you seen in the pics i have her up on the dolly to take to work with me as the A4LD will be coming out and the tranny guy at work will go thru her and install a TransGo shift kit along with various later model explorer upgrades.

-just wanted to show everyone an update and to request if i EVER undertake a project like this again, someone please stop me.:grinno:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #1
Come on, you're enjoying it and you know it ;)
Looks good.

Reply #2
Pfftt..You and your Ranger GT...gimmie!lol

Looks like it coming along nicely. What all you got planned for the engine?
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #3
Quote from: 88FoxBird;115323
Pfftt..You and your Ranger GT...gimmie!lol

-Which one??????? i only have 5!!!:shakeass: lol...

no but seriously, i just put in a RR cam & followers, had to buy a new(OK reman) turbo as the old one had broken the shaft in two places.(how i ended up with the car), got one of those rare obsolete ATR 3" downpipes for IHI's, along with a dual exhaust system. of couse the requisite gillis valve, and complete new ss water tubes from forced4.  thats about it for the engine for now.  i basically want to get her up and going, get the kinks out, and go from there.  so much to do, so little time(and money!):shakehead

p.s. if you look over the passenger door, or thru the glass of the pit, you can see the shape of 2 of my GTs under covers.
the first one a tornado dropped the garage roof on, the second, my original bought new, with 357,000 miles that no insurance chick took out for me.  and if you look over the front of the windshield at the new and improved rebuilt "garage-ma-haul, you'll see the only 4-eye i have residing under covers and porch awaiting someone to rescue or me to win the lottery...lol
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #4
stuff like this makes me wish i was older had a liscense, a huge ass garage, time and money lol
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07