Skip to main content
Topic: Gt40 intake (Read 515 times) previous topic - next topic

Gt40 intake

I might be picking one up its pretty clean just seeing if anyone would be interested it should be around $150 shipped

Gt40 intake

Reply #1
A GT-40, or an Explorer/Mountaineer intake. People usually think an Explorer intake is a GT-40....and it is not. Only a GT-40 intake is a GT-40 intake.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Gt40 intake

Reply #2
There all gt40's

Exsploder gt40
Cobra gt40
Tubular gt40

They all flow the same also

This is a explorer one cobras go for around $300 and tubular ones go for $400+

Gt40 intake

Reply #3
Quote from: STANG8U;406541
There all gt40's

Exsploder gt40
Cobra gt40
Tubular gt40

They all flow the same also

This is a explorer one cobras go for around $300 and tubular ones go for $400+

Thanks for the clarification of "This is an explorer one" and providing a bit of rationale as to the line of thought on calling it a GT40 intake.

Calling all three upper intakes GT-40 can be misleading to those less familiar.

Yes, they all flow about the same & the cast units are GT-40 based in design, but only the tubular units are GT-40's. 

The cast units came later and were less expensive to produce and are more plentiful.  This and the esthetic's (as well as market demand) reflect the price differences you've noted.

The title of of this add is: GT40 Intake.  It's been clarified:  This is an Explorer unit for sale.

Good luck with the sale.

Gt40 intake

Reply #4
It would be a deal of the century if I was selling a cobra or tubular for $150 shipped lol

I get your point I guess us mustangs guys are not as technical lmfao