Skip to main content
Topic: jacking (Read 2151 times) previous topic - next topic

jacking

hi alll  i was wondering if its all that bad if the car is unequally jacked

the floor of the garage is all bumpy  so it results that the passenger side of the car doesnt even touch the axle jack its supposed to be sitting on  only on the 3 others  so  will it twist the frame cuz too much weight is on the drivers side up front?  is it tolerable and will result no damage or twisting or itcould lead to those?

thanx for advice guys  happy holidays

jacking

Reply #1
actually the whole driver side seems to be lower    cuz the floor is not leveled    theres gotta be higher tension in some spots compared to the other side  but  can this  be a big issue    or theres not even a possility to twist the frame of the car

jacking

Reply #2
for too long of a time, the metal will give ,, id say you should not do what you are doing.

jacking

Reply #3
Screw type bottle jacks if your really concerned. I wouldn't care all that much to be under a car that's teetering about.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

jacking

Reply #4
I, uhhh, expected something a little different when I saw the thread title..:evilgrin:

If the car isn't supported solidly, then twisting the frame is the least of your worries. Stay the hell out from under it until you have sitting solidly without teetering or moving up and down.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

jacking

Reply #5
I, uhhh, expected something a little different when I saw the thread title..:evilgrin:
Oh that's just dirty.....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

jacking

Reply #6
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;304567

If the car isn't supported solidly, then twisting the frame is the least of your worries. Stay the hell out from under it until you have sitting solidly without teetering or moving up and down.

Good advice, you dont want the car coming down on you.  It makes for a bad day MMMKAY.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

jacking

Reply #7
its all good fellas i remedied to the situation  its now onall 4 jacks    i knew it wasnt a good thing when i saw it

jacking

Reply #8
So, the next ?  Is it on jacks or jack stands? I still wouldn't get under it unless it was on stands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

jacking

Reply #9
its on axle stands  maybe i wasnt  clear enough  my bad

jacking

Reply #10
I know a guy...well, I should say knew a guy who stupidly trusted a jack to hold up a car while he was under it. I visit his rock from time to time still...

Another kid I know lost his legs, and yet another guy got lucky, and only had a broken arm.

Don't trust a jack with your life ;)

Sounds like you are not taking chances though :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

jacking

Reply #11
take a rim off and the spare and put them under the car around where you are working just in case. i dont relly trust most of these cheap jackstands anymore as they seem to sag/dig on the teeth from just the weight of an economy car.
i had a jack fail on me while i was under a car and it aint worth the andredeline rush youll get from trying to save your life.
i jack cars up on rutted and uneven streets all the time so i know where your coming from.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

jacking

Reply #12
when you say dont trust a jack  you mean the spare tire jack  or even the nascar style jack (sorry idk its name)

jacking

Reply #13
yes, Anything that can drop down on you. stands have a fixed height setting on them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

jacking

Reply #14
so it should always be standing on axle stands for maximum security when i do a oil change

what to use for maximum security