Skip to main content
Topic: SOMEONES been watching those headlight sales, havent they! (Read 1966 times) previous topic - next topic

SOMEONES been watching those headlight sales, havent they!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-cougar-nos-headlights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ270103197299QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
its like the musclecar market. i love how his STARTING BID is the same as the Buy It Now-- $320.

i almost fell off my chair when i saw it. and, uh, no PICTURES or anything just "hey i got 2 brand new lights gimme 5 kajillion dollars!!!"

alright lets start the bets, who thinks someone will pay up!!!???
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
Holy hell, those things are being sold in my town!
Funny it works out to be the same amount of digits as a phone number. Our area code is 410 and then 658 for Rising Sun though.

First off, I wonder who is selling them because I only know of 1 '87-'88 Cougar owner other than myself in town. While he had a parts car at one time, his LS is bone stock and I don't see this guy ding many if any parts.

Second off, I hope this isn't someone eyeing up my car. I have a mint set of headlights on it right now. :beatyoass:

As for the starting bid being the same as the buy it now... let me just say that this is a small 'hick' town and not everyone is firing on all cylinders.

Reply #3
Aerobird's been hording parts,hasn't he?:hick: :beatyoass:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
Who, me? *innocent whistling* :hick:

Reply #5
I saw that one...  Can't you still get headlights from Ford? Anyone checked lately?

It has been awhile but they were still available a couple years ago when I bought a set for Roxanne. (They are on her now.) I don't remember how much $ exactly...but less than that auction I think! I have one other "extra" set of new ones...but they are kind of already spoken for, for the non-running Anniversary thing in my back yard...

I'm gunna fix that up some day...:hick:

Reply #6
I saw that one...  Can't you still get headlights from Ford?

It has been awhile but they were still available a couple years ago when I bought a set for Roxanne. (They are on her now.) I have one other "extra" set of new ones...but they are kind of already spoken for, for the non-running Anniversary thing in my back yard...

I'm gunna fix that up some day...:hick:

Reply #7
Is there a Ford dealer in that town. Check the rest of the stuff hes sold. It looks like someones been cleaning out the back room.

Reply #8
At least its free shipping.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #9
Quote from: slamedcat;136669
Is there a Ford dealer in that town. Check the rest of the stuff hes sold. It looks like someones been cleaning out the back room.
Yes there is. It was McCoy FLM but was sold and has been Ramsey Ford for at least 8 years.

McCoy opened a small (about 10 cars at a time small) used car dealer in the center of town. Possibly they kept some parts when they sold out the Ford dealer but I would think everything went to Ramsey.

Or, Ramsey has some stuff laying around that hasn't sold so they want to get rid of it...

or, some redneck broke into the dealer and stole some parts.

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats;136110
Seller's screen name...

Might be worth a phone call...LOL. ;)

Not a phone number. Try '85, '86, '87, '88, '93

Reply #11
Hmm, I think Eric figured that.
However I just got it :dunce:

Uh oh, I hope that guy didn't see this thread and get offended.
His description is clarified now.

Reply #12
Quote from: 5.0willgo;136743
Hmm, I think Eric figured that.
However I just got it :dunce:

Uh oh, I hope that guy didn't see this thread and get offended.
His description is clarified now.

Maybe it was the message I sent him. :D

Reply #13
Serious? You sent the guy a message?
haha

Reply #14
I've been watching the auction...and lookie what I find today:

"Sold for:   US $320.00    
Auction ended early with Buy It Now."

Buyer: mf111377( 0 )

Which, coincidentally, is in the description of the item:
2 brand new in the box headlights for 1987 1988 cougars.for mf111377

Hmmm...do you think the seller created a new account and bought them from himself to make everyone think they were worth that much?

I smell a huge :bs: flag on this one.
Nice try. Fortunately we've got smarter people than that here.

Um...right?!