Skip to main content
Topic: cd changer in trunk for 20th anny (Read 1465 times) previous topic - next topic

cd changer in trunk for 20th anny

I have a kenwood cd changer (5 disck i think) in the trunk on my 20th anny,

what info does anyone have or know about this?

Reply #2
I think you'd find it's aftermarket.  I've never heard of any of these cars having a CD player, either in the dash or the trunk
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #3
Im not talking about the dash,, only the trunk.  Not sure why dash is being mentioned.

Kenwood 5 disc cd changer.  I thought someone here said it was a add on at the dealer if the customer wanted it.

Reply #4
Quote from: jcassity;270051
Im not talking about the dash,, only the trunk.  Not sure why dash is being mentioned.

Kenwood 5 disc cd changer.  I thought someone here said it was a add on at the dealer if the customer wanted it.

It was mentioned in that no Fox Tbird/Cougar came with a CD player or changer, be it in the trunk or the dash.

Meaning, you wouldn't find one installed in them stock in 1988, in any location on the car.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #5
I don't think a changer was even available as aftermarket in '88(CD had only been available about five years at that point), all the early stuff I've seen were single disk dash units...

Reply #6
I bought a 10 disc changer and mounted under the package shelf.It was super easy,took about an hour from start to finish,and well worth it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
We only had cassette players back then. And we thought they were awsome! Of course compared to 8 tracks they were! Lol!!

Reply #8
I found the manual on line,, really huge site of all kinds of manuals of various products, toys, computers, telecommunications, appliances ect for free.

http://safemanuals.com/references.php

Reply #9
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;270103
We only had cassette players back then. And we thought they were awsome! Of course compared to 8 tracks they were! Lol!!

"we" as in you,, ok

"we" as in the general public, not true.  I had a portable cd player in 87 while on the Coral Sea Carrier.  CD Changers were out there also iirc. 

Anyway guys,, the 20th is an 87, not an 88.

Reply #10
I thought you were asking if it was a factory option? As far as I know it wasn't avaliable at that time, only cassettes were.