Skip to main content
Topic: AOD Transmission linkage to allow for floor shifter wanted (Read 930 times) previous topic - next topic

AOD Transmission linkage to allow for floor shifter wanted

Need this part for my son's build.

Transmission linkage to allow for floor shifter wanted.
The car is currently setup for colum shifter style, AOD is from a member here i bought a couple years ago.
The installed linkage on the trans is for column, need floor shifter linkage.
**IF** you have experience with how to make a retrofit bracket to accept a floor shifter cable, then we are good at fabricating as well, let me know what you did.

Please if you will call me if you have this part, i am having trouble loggining in here consistently to check PM's.
My home office number is 304 772 3411, i am scott cassity, located in Gap Mills Wv 24941.

Reply #2
Lokar for tv cable. I told you i would remember.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3
You need shifter and bracket to?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #4
Did I send the trans for coiumn, I don't remember. It was set up for floor when I had it. Did I change it to column for you?  I really don't remember, It's just a flip of the bracket tho.

Reply #5
you can tell by the linkage hook up it's top or bottom on the arm. It's been years!!

Reply #6
Lokar!,, got it , will hunt down that kit you suggested.

you swapped the shifter link to column for us , i pinged you a long while back and asked if you still had the floor shift link ,, you siad no.

its setup for column,, but i will put eyes on it today cause i am ready to start getting the trans situated under the car.

i will let you know here this morn,,, getting coffee right now.

Reply #7
i was under the impression i had to remove and replace the whole linkage system from the trans , not just the exterior arm.
reason was that i think i remember you saying you would have to take the pan off to swap from floor shift to column,, and i thought thats what you did

lodima has a floor linkage i just heard about and id like to do the Lokar kit you suggest and have his as a back up or spare part for someone else later.

Reply #8
Dave,
here is what you sent me,, still the same

I am showing the TV cable bracket as well on the floor which i had to do some serious corrision work on.

I just skimmed through the shop manuals and compared what you sent to my column shift 20th, it appears this is setup to be column shift.
Im starting to wonder if you didnt "toss in" the floor shifter bracket inside all that shrink wrap somewhere.

in the shop manual i am seeing this big bracket mounted to the tailshaft housing area to coordinate the shifter cable.
I also noticed by chance the mustang AOD floor shifter uses a "ROD" like the CFI applicaitons.. (rod from the floor shifter to the transmission home run) which was interesting.

here is the pic