Skip to main content
Topic: Wtb: 85-88 bird (Read 2092 times) previous topic - next topic

Wtb: 85-88 bird

I am a member from awhile back. Sold my rolling chassis here last and miss the car a lot.

Looking for something very clean, no rust and no paint work needed. 5.0 or 4cyl.

Highly modified cars are ok and so are rolling chassis.

I know I am looking for something rare but willing to wait for the right one. I am from PA

Thanks
Jim

Reply #1
Carisle had 2 there, reasonable lots of mods. not sure what you want to spend. one was 6200 the other was 8k.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
There was a cat from a guy that came up to us from jersey who had a xr7 he said was in great shape?, for 5k probably high. But i sent him to Eric to get the info. when I left he was talking to Eric so maybe he got the info.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3
I knew that I should have made time to go. First year I haven't gone

Reply #4
I think my buddy has info on them . I will check.

Reply #5
I was curious why you didn't stop by.

Reply #6
Let me know if he has the info, thanks.

A late night at maple grove the night before....I must be getting old.

Reply #7
I tried to post a pic of the one, it wouldn't load. thats all he had no info.

Reply #8
Here it is. Maybe someone else talked to him.
X

Reply #9
Nice...Guess I should have gone.

Reply #10
I live outside Toledo Ohio and down the road from me is a beautiful all stock and original 87 TC in dark blue for sale. It sits out for sale all summer for three years now. I stopped to look at it two years ago with plans to buy it for a driver for my GF. Car was so nice I sat 4500 aside to hopefully make a deal with. THe car was mint,could find very few flaws with it.However when he told me 7500 I about choked. Told him he was at least 2k to high he said to have a nice day. I stopped again last summer and it was down to 6500. Its sitting out again but I havent stopped yet. If he has dropped the price again I think it would be closer to a fair price. If its some thing you might be interested in I could go snap some pix and get the info for you.  It really is a beautiful survivor car.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger
83 TC  gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s

Reply #12
Still looking....

Wish I had the info on the tubbed Carlisle one.

Reply #13
If ya want to deal with faded paint and a quarter panel dent, i gotta thin my heard a bit. 86 elan 302 with 145k miles.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #14
I have a line on a supposed rust free, blue on blue, 87 LX Thunderbird with a 5.0. I'll be looking at the car next week. Let me know if you're interested.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.