Skip to main content
Topic: Rear Window Louvers (Read 593 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear Window Louvers

I saw a pic of an 87-88 Thunderbird with Rear Window Louvers...

I waswondering if anybody has the louver or has knowledge of where I could possibly locate a rear window louver for my '88 Thunderbird.

Thanks.:hick:
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #1
Last time I saw some, they were on ebay, and were already bid up to over 450 bucks. :hick:

If I had some machining/fabrication skills, I'd have bought them, and made copies. I think they look like pure shag on a nicely done car..but not everyone here has the fondness for 'em.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #2
They do look like pure shag, I completely agree.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #3
what pic did you see? Just curious.

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #4
I wish I had a thunderbird so I could have rear window louvers. :hick:

Seriously.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #5
I saw a pic of a guy's car on cardomain, since then I haven't been able to find his car. But he had the louvers, and they looked pretty sick.

Zonda: I want your motor to put in my t-bird.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #6
Quote from: ZondaC12;263695
I wish I had a thunderbird so I could have rear window louvers. :hick:

Seriously.

I'll trade you my thunderbird for your cougar! lol

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #7
Dont have any pics of 'em on an 87-88.
But, Heres some pics of some on 83Heritages car:

~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #8
Hi guy's, It's my car that you're talking about with the louvers. I tried last night to do another search for them and so far I've only found them for 89 up T-Birds. I didn't get to spend a lot of time on it but I'll try again. I can't believe it's so hard to find them. Like I mentioned to RunninWild I got lucky when I got mine. And I did see the set that was on ebay, they weren't in that good of shape, even missing mounting hardware, but they went for top dollar, I was watching them but I can't remember how much they went for. But I do remember thinking if those sold for that price I could sell mine for at least a $1000 not that I'm selling them. I could never get rid of them the car wouldn't look the same without them.

Rear Window Louvers

Reply #9
I remember in the mid 90's they were in the JC whitney catologe I think for like 150 bucks . impossible to find nowadays.