Skip to main content
Topic: Window anti-rattle (Read 1141 times) previous topic - next topic

Window anti-rattle

Does anyone know were I can get the anti rattle strip for an 87 couger, besides a junkyard.

Any help please.

Dan
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Window anti-rattle

Reply #1
Junkyard or board members.
It's Gumby's fault.

Window anti-rattle

Reply #2
what anti rattle strap? I might have one
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Window anti-rattle

Reply #3
The strip for the outside of the window. People before jamed the window and ruined the strip.

Attached to trim I think?

Dan

Thanks for the help
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Window anti-rattle

Reply #4
I'll check my parts car tomorrow not sure if its messed up or not which side you need?
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

SOLD!!!!

Window anti-rattle

Reply #5
Passengers side.

Thanks again
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Window anti-rattle

Reply #6
oh hell you're in luck I think it might still be good. the door was originally on an 87 cougar if it makes a difference to you If I remember right it has the chrome strip through it though. if its not any good I got an extra set of doors I'll look at and see if they're the same on it.
Not sure I was taking them off a while back and I don't remember if the passenger side got messed up or not I know the driver side is shot. I was up all night working out a wiring mess so I didn't get a chance to look when I had light to do it so sometime today I'll look .

SOLD!!!!

Window anti-rattle

Reply #7
No problem take your time i am in no hurry, moving at the current moment anyway so I couldn't do anything anyways.

I will also be without internet at my place for a while, so don't worry if I don't reply right away, cuz i need that part among others lol.

Thanks again

Dan

Hey if you are not going to be using the windows, could I mabye get the passengers side plastic window sleeve thingy??? maybe ?? lol
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Window anti-rattle

Reply #8
you mean the plastic window clip at the bottom that bolts to the window track?

SOLD!!!!

Window anti-rattle

Reply #9
yeppers that would be the one

One of mine are broken and I need a replacement so I can glue the windows back down and use it.

Thanks in advanced

Dan
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Window anti-rattle

Reply #10
not sure on the plastic piece but the rattle strip I deffinately have I just checked it a bit ago and it still looks pretty good no cracks in the rubber or anything looks like theres a scuff mark in it from where something rubbed but it might rub off I didnt check real close looks good though Id reuse it if I needed it anyway.

SOLD!!!!

Window anti-rattle

Reply #11
Thanks for looking for me, right now things is tights, so if you want to part with it, could you please hold onto it for me? If not that is okay.

Thanks

Dan

ps I am on someone elses network lol
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Window anti-rattle

Reply #12
not a problem I dont think the guys talking about hauling the car off not sure if Im going to get to it or not in time

SOLD!!!!