Skip to main content
Topic: pulling seat covers... (Read 2323 times) previous topic - next topic

pulling seat covers...

Reply #15
Its easier to do out of the car. Just need a good yank.
1986 Cougar LS

pulling seat covers...

Reply #16
Quote from: DVP;263751
Its easier to do out of the car. Just need a good yank.

Im not a weak fella, but Ive never been able to yank them out, on the few sets ive had.
Mike

pulling seat covers...

Reply #17
There is a small clip holding the headrest's on. It's on the inside.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

pulling seat covers...

Reply #18
Quote from: cougarman;264076
There is a small clip holding the headrest's on. It's on the inside.

Guess I broke all mine LOL.
1986 Cougar LS

pulling seat covers...

Reply #19
Yea its almost like riveted to the seat frame.....screw it hack it off lol. Actually after the headrests came off, the seat covers were very easy, 2 hog clips on each side, you really only have to get the front clips off, then remove  the seat cover and cushion at the same time, then remove the rears. I have run into a problem getting the bottoms off though, and I can't figure out how to remove the seats (I found the two front bolts, of course, but I can't locate the rear 2) so it will be easier to pull the seat bottoms. Anybody got some info?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

pulling seat covers...

Reply #20
If you are talking about removing them from the car, then you have to move the seat all the way forward to access the rear bolts.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

pulling seat covers...

Reply #21
Ya know, that makes so much sense I feel like a real dumbass....:dunce: But thanks for the enlightenment!
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

pulling seat covers...

Reply #22
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;264143
Ya know, that makes so much sense I feel like a real dumbass....:dunce: But thanks for the enlightenment!

There are no stupid questions in here. Well................there is, but that wasn't it.

pulling seat covers...

Reply #23
Yea, I know, but that was a little too obvious lol. Why it never crossed my mind is a mystery
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

pulling seat covers...

Reply #25
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;264143

No problem, we've all been there before. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

pulling seat covers...

Reply #26
Quote from: jcassity;264208
its too bad you didnt get pics of this,, good info here.

Can still get some of the bottoms.......gonna get 'em off soon as the py rain stops...
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

pulling seat covers...

Reply #27
Ok, so after me and another member (Cat Daddy) pulled the rear glass (and omg was it a task....:punchballs: ) out of my car today (succesfully:D ) I got to the bottom seat covers. I'm posting some pics for future reference so if anybody has to do this again and dosen't know how....here ya go.

First, as cougarman said, remove the four bolts from the studs (unplug all accesable seat harnesses first). Pull the seat up and flip it on it's back, and unbolt the four bolts that hold the seat track from the frame...
X

there will be some c-channel clips on the front and sides, simply unclip them from the track, then, using a t-40 torx bit, remove the screw holding the recline motor and slide the motor almost vertically
X
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

pulling seat covers...

Reply #28
Now comes the hog clips, there are 3 on each side, and 3 in the middle, remove all the clips and slide the rods out. X

X

X

The covers should slide right off the foam and ready for new ones.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII