Skip to main content
Topic: New Leaks...... (Read 1442 times) previous topic - next topic

New Leaks......

These fuel lines on my car, will be the death of me. I went today bought stupid nylon to metal fuel fittings. Didnt work, got some double flare fittings, unions and nipples to try and press into the nylon. Heated the nylon with the heat gun i had to buy to do so, didnt work. I dont know what else to do!!! The stupid ass repair kit, no one rents them around here, they only sell them, and it was 250!!! F that!! Anyone got some ideas of ways to do this !!
o yea i spent 65 bucks today on all this , bringing it all back tomorrow and they best take open packages or im gonna flip out!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

New Leaks......

Reply #1
A roll of hard line and some rubber hose/clamps and the adapter pieces for stock.

New Leaks......

Reply #2
repair kit??
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

New Leaks......

Reply #3
250 they want for it, wont rent it out. And it looks like i might have to replace EVERYTHING.  car...... o well
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

New Leaks......

Reply #4
That sux
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

New Leaks......

Reply #5
I DID IT!!!! I bought some hydrolic 250psi hose,a dn used barbed fittings on the metal and shoved it over the nylon. Car runs SWEET, idles AWESOME, and i drove it quick, with no fing power steering! but i did it o man its awesome!!!
my $300 beater ;)

New Leaks......

Reply #6
how did you put a barbed fitting on a metal line? are you using your stock lines or the ones Aero sent you?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

New Leaks......

Reply #7
Awesome!!! Sorry it was such a PITA but I don't know jack about Lincoln's. I'm happy for you though! Now, what's next on the list?

New Leaks......

Reply #8
To bad I didn't notice this earlier. I would have told you that you need to put the plastic line in boiling water to be able to push that replacement fitting on the plastic line. Also to splice the plastic line back together you can use Air line compression fittings. These are made by gates. The are a basic compression fittings but they have a metal piece that slides into the inside the the tubbing so you don't crush it. I also believe that they make those compression fittings in line to line and line to pipe threads.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

New Leaks......

Reply #9
yea but the nylon is 3/8's metal is 5/16's so there fittings dont work. It should be fine im hopeing.
32v i used a double flare fitting, a union and a nipple into the union. Now the line is 1/4 inch and i stuck a 1/4 inch line on a 3/8 nylon, lets just say you CANT pull it off, but its clamped to be safe. Im using aeros lines, and they turned out to be better then the lincoln ones because of how far back they reach. Man no if only i had power steering and brakes!
Aero, next is finding out what is leaking on the PS, and im getting a used rack free sunday, and im gonna replace the lines. Next i have to see if my master pump is kicking in, or if i have a hole in my brake lines. I have no brakes till the pedal hits the floor, and even then its very little. My abs and brake light are both constantly on. I have new front and rear shocks for it, i have turbo coupe mirrors for it, i already put the turbo coupe steering wheel on. Its getting there!!
my $300 beater ;)

New Leaks......

Reply #10
Quote from: daboss351;169489
It should be fine im hopeing.

his famous last words! LOL!

RIP Mason :(
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

New Leaks......

Reply #11
my father did this, i didnt, he said its FINE. so we will see.
my $300 beater ;)

New Leaks......

Reply #12
I DID IT!!!! I bought some hydrolic 250psi hose, and used barbed fittings on the metal and shoved it over the nylon. Car runs SWEET, idles AWESOME, and i drove it quick, with no f'ing power steering! but i did it o man its awesome!!!
Sounds like " YOU DID IT!!!!";)

New Leaks......

Reply #13
I don't know what you mean the plastic is 3/8" and the metal is 5/16". The gates air line fittings are made in all sizes. 1/8" - 1" I do believe. If you are talking about the factory replacement one you just got the wrong sized fitting for the hose you have. I work at a parts store and help people with this type of stuff all the time. I sell the  out of those replacement ends. We even had a training session on nothing but the plastic fuel lines end replacement. I've also sold many many many of those air line compression fitting for plastic fuel line splices. Never seem to have a leak but they do recomend some sort of thread lock on the threads so the don't back off.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

New Leaks......

Reply #14
well where the metal goes into the nylon they are different sizes so i would need a fitting with a 3/8 nylon side, and a 5/16 steel side, which they dont have.
And fine i helped do it, k mikey!
my $300 beater ;)