Skip to main content
Topic: It's amazing what...(updated: clear corner pics pg2) (Read 3356 times) previous topic - next topic

It's amazing what...(updated: clear corner pics pg2)

Reply #30
yeah after to wet sand it with the 2000 grit paper, dry it well and cear coat it.  For updated pics of my car check out the users rides section ;)

And no there shouldn't be a hole.

Reply #31
I'm still rounding up materials for my headlights. It seems that my right headlight blows up everytime it rains and apparently I have about 2 inches of water in both lights. Any suggestions to getting the broken halogen glass out of the housing?

I don't have a Dremel...

Also for the sanding at what point does the grit of sand paper become "wet sanding paper"? And what would you use other than water for wet sanding? I've heard of a little bit of soap added to the water makes the job easier or is this just for autobody work?

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Reply #32
if your lights have that much water in them, they will probably fall apart with a slight tug.no dremel needed. or use a screwdriver between the housing and lens anmd gently twist it to seperate them.

As for the sand paper. use waterproof sand paper, and it ususally starts at 320grit and goes up from there.  add some soap if you are using a bucket but I used a hose and squirted fresh water every little bit.