Skip to main content
Topic: It's amazing what...(updated: clear corner pics pg2) (Read 3365 times) previous topic - next topic

It's amazing what...(updated: clear corner pics pg2)

a little elbow grease and some time can do for a car. :hick:  Polished my etremely corroded headlights.  I first sanded them with 320, then 600, 1000, 1500, and finally 2000 grit sand paper, then clearcoated em.  I am VERY impressed with the results.  WAY better night time vision now.  I also installed my pony's last night too.  Thanks again Chris! :cheers:

Reply #1
Nice work on the lights and the pony's look sweet on there.

Reply #2
Nice work on the lights :D Wheels look good on the car too!
Did you receive my letter yet in the mail???

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #3
now wheres scoop number 2! looks awesome man!!!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #4
Lookin HOT man. I love the body mods on your car. I'm too chicken to make Layla look anything other then stock (makes for a better sleeper :D )

Reply #5
You body guys make me sick! :P

Nice work man, the ponys (even though I not a big fan of them) look awesome on there.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #6
Just couldn't wait to get them on there eh ron,lol.
Glad you like them.
Headlights look alot better now than they did last night.
Now all ya gotta do is get that other side scoop on and paint her up.
Should look super nice when yer done.

Reply #7
Looking good :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
The more I look at your car,the more I think it doesn't need a second fender scoop.The one scoop gives the cart a functional race look (I know it's functional.).I like it with one scoop.Serious business with the one.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
thanks guys.  At first I didn't think I would like them either, but after putting them on and cleaning them up, I love them.

Yeah chris, I was out there at midnight with a flashlight, switching the rims and pulled the headlights and polished them in the bath tub.  Then I went out cruising til 2AM LOL.  WHAT a huge difference at night!  and daylight it just looks so much better.  I have a party to go to all weekend long but I should be able to get the other scoop made up, and in, by next weeks show. 

And speaking of that....  yes John, check your PMs, your package will be in the mail tomorrow. ;)

Reply #10
Sorry Ron, I had the puter off all day. I was finishing up with the electrical upgrades in the kitchen. I sent you a PM, Thaks again. Talk at you later

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #11
time for a sig update
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #12
I made a set of clear corners with a bit of a custom touch, also did the same thing inside the headlights.

Reply #13
Very nice work! I love the way they turned out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
Never been overly impressed with the clear lenses but here it's really working for me.
Dunno if it's the lighter color (primer) or what, but that looks great.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily: