Skip to main content
Topic: How well do 17x9 Cobra R's fit? (Read 1473 times) previous topic - next topic

How well do 17x9 Cobra R's fit?

Does anybody have a pic of how 17x9 Cobra R's fit on the front? I have been looking at the wheels on this site and dont know if i want to go with 16x8's or 17x9's in 4 Lug. I need to make sure the front wheels will not stick out of the wheel well(PA state inspection).

Reply #1
They fit great.The fronts stick out just a little,though.Not enough to make a difference as far as I'm concerned.They look awesome in my own pinion.Gave my car a whole new attitude.I only wish they made 17x10.5 in 4 lug for the rear.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Well for PA state inspection you cant have the tread of the tires sticking out from under the wheel well so that is why i asked. What size tires are you running?

Reply #3
245 50 17 in the front,and 255 50 17 in the rear.I believe there are 17x8 Cobra R wheels out there.If you got a set of those for the front,and the 17x9 for the rear,you'd be good to go
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Quote from: 88sportcoupe;152758
Well for PA state inspection you cant have the tread of the tires sticking out from under the wheel well so that is why i asked. What size tires are you running?

i know this sounds stupid but when you go for inspection, put a set of flares on your fenders. then you can take them off after that. Problem solved
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
Quote from: cougar86_89;152829
i know this sounds stupid but when you go for inspection, put a set of flares on your fenders. then you can take them off after that. Problem solved

I don't think it's that easy. Any cop could pull you over in PA for it and ticket/fine you.

I agree with Vinnie. Go with the 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the rear.

Reply #6
I havent seen any 17x8s I have seen 16x8s but i havent looked on many other websites.
I have my PASI license so if i wanted to i could get it inspected.

Reply #7
Well apparently FRPP is the only co. making 17x8 4 lugs in chrome. But i am not going to pay $350-450 for 1 wheel. I dont know if I want to go silver 17x9s or just go with 16x8s up front and 17x9s out back.

Reply #8
I have the silver wheels,and to me,they are just right.Not dull,not too flashy.They really gave my car an aggressive look,and I don't even have the new paint on yet.