Skip to main content
Topic: '84 Cougar aka my money pit (Read 12249 times) previous topic - next topic

'84 Cougar aka my money pit

Reply #30
I didn't get pics uploaded yet, my new laptop has been iffy lately, so I'm gonna upload my pics to my desktop tomorrow morning. It's a full 2.5" setup. BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Tails(Stainless) and some 3.5" Magnaflow Rolled Edge tips. It may be the Magnapacks, but any Mustang whether it's a 5.0 or a 4.6 is so loud with Magnapacks on it. Mine is quiet until WOT. I love the deep tone to it, but without cats it's almost too quiet for me.

Vinnie I might have to snag that tube from you. I want to get rid of the smog stuff completely, I just don't know what wiring harnesses I can and can't take out. I lost the write-up I had saved.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #31
Took some pics after a quick wash, even made a quick exhaust video(white smoke is from seafoam). I left the video unedited. You will see why at the end....stupid people.

Pics might be big, my new camera is pretty sweet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #32
Great looking car.  I love that color.

Are the tips a touch too big........:shakeass:
Mike

Reply #33
I think 3 1/2" might be too big, but I like them everytime I look at the car. It'll sound better once I get the dead spot fixed.

Youtube took FOREVER to load this.
[video=youtube;MDshHiFwZHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDshHiFwZHc[/video]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #35
Man your car looks and sounds great! The helpful guy in the video was funny too. LOL.

Reply #36
Thanks guys!!!!  I really need a fan clutch, it gets so annoying with the fan spinning so fast. Tomorrow I'll be checking injectors, and I need to start shopping for an ignition coil, distributor, plug wires, and a decent brand of plugs. I might be looking at heads, cam and intake also to swap over to carb. All suggestions are welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #38
Some creeper sent it to me in the mail haha. I'm proudly showing that off tomorrow in the car show. I'll post up pics tomorrow night or Monday of the show. It's the Cougar's first show, so I'm hoping it goes well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]