Skip to main content
Topic: "The Fun Beater". Or something. Couldn't pass it up. (Read 1433 times) previous topic - next topic

"The Fun Beater". Or something. Couldn't pass it up.

So if anyone recalls bearmax finding a listing for a hopped-up 1988 LS in the leads section, this is that car. Yes, I did pull the trigger. Here it sits in my driveway on this pouring evening that I've finally time to take pictures and post this. Actually happy that the cruise-in I run got rained out. Really need to find a garage closer to my house for the '38, what a pain to go get the thing.

The red one got taken off the road, and this one put on. The idea is to very soon, start tearing the entire nose off the 20th and fix the badly rotted subframe right above the driver's side spring bucket. Yes, even before winter. Probably will get the one seat fixed, some paintless dent repair done, and the front bumper and header re-shot. It will return to the road next spring, *flawless*. And I mean flawless. As much as it can be wearing 70-ish % original paint as it will.

So, to try and be concise, I really thought this thing was a total POS upon looking at it. "Paint away from a show car". Yeah, and the rear calipers hooked up to the e-brake cables somehow, and door handle cups and a NON hacked-up version of relocating the window switches, and the taurus mirrors wired CORRECTLY, and door sheetmetal that doesn't wave at you like a kid on a sugar high. Aaaand with someone who can actually weld and bend pipe making a new exhaust. SO many things cobbed. And absolutely zero taste in his styling mods. What a  sspoogebag. I wish many bad things upon this guy.

With a LOT of cleaning, wiring the speakers up, replacing a shot window motor and a broken battery tray, this is now a *decent* very fun driver for while I tear the red one down. Full gt40 setup 5.0 with 1.7 RR's and an E cam. Same exhaust as the red one (with some help FROM the red one ;)). ****Has a T5****. LOL. 3.27 mark 7 trac-lock axle, discs all around, 5-lug as well. Has 3 more trunk pop actuators. Where are they? The hood and both doors of course, so yes no door handles. :D

Ask more if you're curious, I could of course write a  essay about all the little things wrong with it and its presentation. But I got him down to just over $2 g's flat, and now it's okay after my help. I don't think I got ripped off, and I've saved it from a terrible home, the home that built it ironically. :rolleyes:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1
Love the SVO wheels!!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #2
Quote from: cougarman;328217
Love the SVO wheels!!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::burnout:

What he said :D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #3
I inquired about this one... Glad to see someone on here get it. We have to meet up sometime and get a bite to eat id love to see your cars..
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #4
Yeah I see you hung onto the SE. :D Definitely man, Ill stop by your work again sometime, so funny how its right there plenty convenient yet I just "never get around to it" I wanna see it again without the winter salt all over it like before :P lol
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #5
it was pretty nasty when you saw it... Let me know when and ill give er a nice bath and a wax really show off her beauty... Im hanging onto it for a while I have alot of plans with it...

Reply #6
most recent wash and wax...

How are you liking the no door handles so far? One idea I have been toying with

Reply #7
Ooo nice :D Like the wheels! And yea its neat I don't really *prefer* it especially because I cant just grab a handle and open it and theres no hidden backup cable in the engine bay or anything in case something fails. But everyone that sees it goes gaga over it lol.

Reply #8
I had an 86 Mustang GT convertible That had  shaved handles when I bought it, and I grew to hate it

Everyone else liked it though :hick:
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #9
Don't flame me bro!

I'm not a fan of the SVO wheels...Any ideas for different rims, or are you going to keep them?
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #10
Can I have the front set belt sleves as spares? Mine are mint but I need some more.;)

Does it have iron or aluminum GT40 heads?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
Hehe only the driver's side seatbelt is nice, the other one is gaaaahbage :p

It's got irons, they're P heads, he got the special headers for 'em. As for the wheels, not a huge fan myself. They're different and they're polished and shiny and not damaged so I could get a decent buck and find something else lol. When I have time for MORE transactions. Not done yet!

Reply #12
At least with the GT40P headers the plugs will be easy to change:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #13
Looks like it's had some serious positive mods.  Some polished bullit wheels and paint the scoop body color and you'd have one of the best looking cats on here.

Reply #14
Quote from: ZondaC12;328216
and I've saved it from a terrible home, the home that built it ironically. :rolleyes:
:rollin:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L