Skip to main content
Topic: wireing disaster (Read 9101 times) previous topic - next topic

wireing disaster

Reply #15
fuzzy pic or not, that didn't look like a 90's grille to me ?
1987 TC

wireing disaster

Reply #17
my mistake its a 1985 header

wireing disaster

Reply #18
Quote from: HAVI;260721
fuzzy pic or not, that didn't look like a 90's grille to me ?

me either
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

wireing disaster

Reply #19
yes its on craigslist, my mother did it she didnt think i was going to do anything with it because its been sitting in the driveway for over a year

wireing disaster

Reply #20
Keep her alive man
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

wireing disaster

Reply #21
one wire at a time man,,

thats an 88car?

i agree, its an 85 or 86 header.  grille can be misleading.

wireing disaster

Reply #22
the more i think about it the more i think the front end could stay on board. 

we have had 87/88 headers grafted onto 86 and down cars.  the reverse is obviously an option.

we could just move forward with what you have if you like.  A bulb is a bulb, and generally the older sockets like we have are fairly cookie cutter with respect to pin outs.

wireing disaster

Reply #23
if it can be done im willing to try it out

wireing disaster

Reply #24
I'm going to bed, but keep at it, it'll get done.
1987 TC

wireing disaster

Reply #25
get yourself a meter,,

cheapy ones can be had (needle type) which in all reality are actually the best.

when you have a meter, get back to us.

wireing disaster

Reply #26
ok thanx alot:bowdown:

wireing disaster

Reply #27
make a friend going to navy aviation electricians mate or aviation electronics,  or an electricians mate school.

you can find em next door in  millington tn.

wireing disaster

Reply #28
Wiring that '85 front clip onto your '87 car should be quite easy. Just do it bulb by bulb. Take each bulb you want to connect, find the wires you're connecting to it, and connect 'em. One at a time. A breakdown of what you'll need to do:

Headlights:
In the car's headlight harness you should find a black wire, a red wire with black stripe, and a light green wire with black stripe. On your '85 header panel the outermost headlights (ones closest to the corners of the car) will need all three wires connected. The innermost headlights (ones closest to the grille) will need only black and light green/black wires connected. Since the original only had two headlights (one on each side) you will need to add the light green/black wire and black wire to jump over to the inner headlight on each side.

Left (Driver's) park lights (one in the bumper, one at the corner)
:

Find the brown wire in your car's harness. This wire must be split so that you can connect the corner light to it as well as the park/turn light in the bumper. You might find two brown wires (this is normal), in which case run one to the corner, one to the bumper. MAKE SURE you connect it to the proper place in the bumper light - there will be three wires for the bumper light, one for park (This is the one you want), one for ground, and one for turn signal (which we'll cover next).

Left (Driver's) turn signal:

Find the light green/white wire in the car's existing harness. This is the right turn signal wire. Re-route it down to the turn signal light in the bumper and connect it there (you may have to extend the wire by adding a piece to it).

Now run a ground wire to the bumper light and corner light and you're finished that side.

The procedure for the right side would be the same, except you're using a white wire with light blue stripe for the turn signals

Here is a diagram for how your headlights should be wired (park and turn signals are not shown in this diagram, sorry). You are only concerned with the stuff left of the black line labeled "firewall".
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

wireing disaster

Reply #29
Can you just swap on a harness from donor car along with the right header panel and lights?It takes time.If the car has been sitting for a year,a little longer shouldn't hurt anything.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..