Skip to main content
Topic: power seat 86 bird problems.... (Read 922 times) previous topic - next topic

power seat 86 bird problems....

yeah it dont work nomore one day started car up and it dident work i checked fuses switch was just working nothing works on it i havent spilled anything on it no wires cut or hit or anything.....

Reply #1
The tracks in my MN12 have some issues. I think they may have rust in them, or something.
Whenever I hit the switch to move the seat, it won't budge under its own power. I have to slide my butt towards the front and/or back to nudge it along.
Do any of the functions work? What about the tilt motors?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
the seats dont have a fuse.  look for a silver canister in your fuse panel.  thats a circuit breaker.  it resets when it cools down so the seats work again.  if its tripped or come close severl times, they can be burned open.

Reply #3
its not the tracks the tilt motors dont work i might go and clean the insides of the switches........and hope they dont break out with little springs and stuff everywhere

Reply #4
I tried that when my seat quit working. It didn't turn out so good :( Fat fingers and small springs don't mix. I used a jumper and was able to move the seat. Good luck.

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]