Skip to main content
Topic: Whats your OS? (Read 3719 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Whats your OS?

Reply #15
Windows 2000 Pro

it's crashed on me a few times. i blame IE for that. i stopped using it and the crashes went away.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #16
I have to admit that there really isnt that much setting windows and os apart. Windows was written worse, but it was also based on os 2 i think. Honestally if i could get a mac for cheap I would. they are the ultimate in video editing and sound.
Quote from: EricCoolCats

New Mac sales = 3-5% on average.
Installed base of Macs = 10% or more. There's many more out there than you think.

i knew it was more then that, only statstic( spelling) was from a early 90's mag.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #17
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Ah, OS 9. Yeah, the old OS was pretty flaky, although it was usually better than a comparable Windoze version at the time. OS X changed all of that...it's extremely stable, no crashes, and a very sophisticated OS now. You'd be surprised at how much it functions like XP.

It was far before OS9...it was 10+ years ago.

and yeah, OS X is a nice operating system but what do you expect when its based on Unix. Great kernel that is (reason I liked using Gentoo so much when I did).
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #18
XP Home on 2, 2000 pro on 3.

Reply #19
Quote from: darkthunder
i stopped using it and the crashes went away.
Funny thing about that. I stop driving my T-Bird every winter and the fuel economy goes way up, the odometer stops climbing, and the tires stop wearing out :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
Main Work Comp - Win XP Pro SP2
Work Laptop - Win XP Tablet Edition
Work Test Server - Server 03 (along with the rest of the servers)
And a mac I haven't had time to play with since I have too many other computers running right now...

Home Desktop - W2k Pro
Home Laptop - Win XP
Computer going in to garage - W2K pro

Reply #21
Home:  Win2K Pro SP4 on main computer.  Also have an old Tandy 1000RL with DOS 3.3 and Deskmate 3.04.

Work: WinXP Pro SP2 and Mac OS 10.1.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0