Skip to main content
Topic: Shipping TC seats - or do they come apart? (Read 1220 times) previous topic - next topic

Shipping TC seats - or do they come apart?

I need some help with shipping ideas on a pair of front TC seats.  I seem to remember that mustang seats can be taken apart so that the frame can be repaired, are TC seats the same and if so how difficult is it.

If the TC seats can’t be separated into the upper and lower portions has anyone had any experience shipping them via Greyhound or something similar?

AS a last resort how difficult is it to remove and replace the covers.  I did a search and found where a few folks have removed the covers to dye them, but I couldn’t get a feeling for how tough this might be.  Any help is appreciated.

Re: Shipping TC seats - or do they come apart?

Reply #1
Only thing involved in separating the seat pad from the seatback is the two large bolts stuck in either side of the hinges.  I used a non-consollete seat bottom on my stock seats using this method of mix & match.  Also, the covers weren't a big deal either.  If I remember right, both my '84 and '85 just had channels on the edge of the fabric that slipped over the metal edge of the frame.  This is the case for the seat bottom, but I'm not sure about the top. Maybe a zipper at the bottom of the seatback?