Skip to main content
Topic: Cheap wheels in WI (Read 571 times) previous topic - next topic

Cheap wheels in WI

Hey all. I've decided to keep my Turbo Coupe, and I'm looking for some cheap 4 lug wheels for it for winter. I was thinking along the lines of turbines or 10 holes. I just need some 4 lug wheels to fit, preferably with ok tires, or really cheap so I can throw on some Blizzaks or something. Don't worry, this is the one and only winter this car will ever see, and it's only going to be driven until I leave for basic training.

Post up, what do you have!

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #1
Not sure but I think with the TC brakes that only 16 will fit it.

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #2
Are the Turbine style 15" or 16"? I think I found a cheap set, but their clear across the state.

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #3
Ok, so after doing a little more research per Slammedcat's observation, they have to be 16" or they won't clear the brakes. What Stang 4 lugs came in 16"?

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #4
No, they don't have to be 16"s but they must be made after a certain date so the inside castings clear the brake caliper.  Someone else can fill you in better.

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #5
Turbines fit
It's Gumby's fault.

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #6
They can be 15" (turbine or 10-hole) but make sure they have an E7 casting number. It it's E5 or E6, stay away. Those earlier rims were meant to clear only 10" brakes. Starting in 1987 (E7) the rim section was opened up to clear the 11" brakes. You technically could use the earlier rims if you grind down the caliper housing. But why make it difficult, you know? ;)

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #7
Hey, thanks guys!! That info really made my day, because I was really looking forward to Turbines!!

Cheap wheels in WI

Reply #8
Hey man,

If ya cant get the turbines, let me know I have a spare set of Snowflakes
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow