Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel Pump Relay/ ABS Harness (Read 2286 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel Pump Relay/ ABS Harness

Can I just leave this the way it is for the fuel pump to work fine? My logic is telling me that if it worked fine before, then nothing will need to be changed...

The fuel pump has already been upgraded accomodate for the 5.0

Also, the cruise control/abs harness, is there anything in there that I need? I'm only running bare essentials, meaning I have removed cruise control, abs, air conditioning... So can I remove this harness completely? (and by removing completely, I mean cutting all the wires and safely capping them off at passenger kick panel) Or is there some wonkey stuff in there like power door locks, keyless entry, etc that I will screw myself over by cutting
302 H.O Swapped.. Bolt ons.. Tremec 3550.. 4.10's.. 18's..

Reply #1
Quote from: 23027;350652
Can I just leave this the way it is for the fuel pump to work fine? My logic is telling me that if it worked fine before, then nothing will need to be changed...

The fuel pump has already been upgraded accomodate for the 5.0

Also, the cruise control/abs harness, is there anything in there that I need? I'm only running bare essentials, meaning I have removed cruise control, abs, air conditioning... So can I remove this harness completely? (and by removing completely, I mean cutting all the wires and safely capping them off at passenger kick panel) Or is there some wonkey stuff in there like power door locks, keyless entry, etc that I will screw myself over by cutting

Yes everyone, this is one sentence even though the only period is the complementary one you get with a question mark.

I am now refering to the shop manual to find any literature on "wonky stuff".

Reply #2
I will call it what ever I WANT

Maybe next time it'll be referred to as shenanigans

Reply #3
LOL,,

So seriously though,
If you have an option that isnt needed you can cut all you want.

It would be a good idea to download the EVTM below so you have something to go by.  It will help you identify the harness you are working and also by color so you have more information before you cut.

I would call chasing down wiring as extra work and you might be better off sparing back the original connectors neatly.  This may pay you back later on when someone decides they would like to buy your car and finding all the original wiring in tact could be a selling point.  If you do cut, save all the cut offs in a container somewhere if you want. 

Unless your doing a weight loss program, then cutting wiring is just extra work as I see it but I am not sure what your objective is.

TC's are getting rare and I am just making a couple valid points from the outside looking in so to speak.

scott

Reply #4
Fair enough.

This is more a clean up job than a weight loss thing, I just want rid of them. This is a spring/summer car only, I have no fear in running new wires to add a couple things.

And because I'm lazy and don't feel like scrolling through pages and pages with my head tilted sideways, I just want to know a yes or no question, is there something in that harness that I need for the engine to run and if someone is kind enough they could tell me what it is, otherwise I can use your evtm to find it.

I ask these silly little questions in case there happens to be some guru that could easily chime in to save me some time and effort. Finding schematics and information is pretty tough for these TBirds

Reply #5
Cut all the wires. Every one of 'em.

I'll give you 50 dollars for the car next friday.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
lol not sure if you're trying to sabotage me..!

Reply #7
Quote from: 23027;350943
lol not sure if you're trying to sabotage me..!

why would he want to do that? :dunno:

J/K btw

Reply #8
Quote from: 88turbo;350947
why would he want to do that? :dunno:

J/K btw

because my car is so shagy and gangsta, he want.

Reply #9
Quote from: 23027;350871
Fair enough.

This is more a clean up job than a weight loss thing, I just want rid of them. This is a spring/summer car only, I have no fear in running new wires to add a couple things.

And because I'm lazy and don't feel like scrolling through pages and pages with my head tilted sideways, I just want to know a yes or no question, is there something in that harness that I need for the engine to run and if someone is kind enough they could tell me what it is, otherwise I can use your evtm to find it.

I ask these silly little questions in case there happens to be some guru that could easily chime in to save me some time and effort. Finding schematics and information is pretty tough for these TBirds

x2
And because im too lazy, i dont know what to say because im too lazy to read what you typed.  Hell, what was it you wanted again?
spark plug gap info?  yea, i thinks its like 1 half inch or sumthin like that.

Hope that helps.

For the sake of carma,, lol , you have the wiring diagrams so I really cant see the issue.  Whats up with your lazy part and how does that become my problem?
If you cant print it out,,again sounds like your problem.

See, you've got all these problems and you seem to be bringing them on yourself, meanwhile i offer solutions and you turn them back into problems.  Did i just run into someone for real that fits the "you cant make everyone happy".  Seriously, can you take a minute and read your post?  it really makes you sound like your not willing to help yourself. 
just sayin.......

Reply #10
when did this become your problem. If you have an issue then you don't have to post, I'll get to it eventually. Working 60 hours a week with a 2 hour commute each way doesn't give me a lot of spare time so any little help to save some helps