Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone have heads for sale?? (Read 2568 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone have heads for sale??

I'm looking for a nice set of alum heads.. Anyone?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Anyone have heads for sale??

Reply #1
does you wife know your on the message board looking for head? i'm tellin  :crazy:

how much are you planing to spend?  new edelbrock heads are about $1200.00 for the pair to your door. the ones you want are 60379

or you can get these for about $300.00 less for the pair but do not proform as was as the edelbrock heads but they are aluminum.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7969744922&category=33617

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #2
does you wife know your on the message board looking for head? i'm tellin 

:rollin: How you been Nick? It's been a while

I'm looking to get rid of these E7's. I guess your an edelbrock guy you didn't meantion trick flow or afr's whats your take on these heads... Which ones are the 60379? I'm looking in the summit catalog and I only see 60259, 60269. Which brings me to my next question Do I want pedestal mount or stud mouinted rockers?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
:crazy: Ok I see the 60379's My eyes were half shut  :hick: The 190/160's would be better for me I guess.

I already have a cobra intake, So what cam,rockers,push rods with these heads?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
AFR's are very good heads but for a while they've bin known to use junk valve springs.and for trick flow.. for meny years they bin known to tear up vilve guides.. i just feel that the edelbrock is the safest bet when it comes to bolt on and race heads..  for rockers i would go with ford motorsport 1.6 ratio and make sure you get a set of harded pushrods too..get a trick flow stage one cam.. thats what Tommy and I are useing .. it's a great street cam builds good power and just has a slite lope..
any other questions ask away ;)

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #5
also, with AFR, you get a decent head, but you have horrible company backing

no garentee's, bad customer service, and their heads have been lacking lately, no new developments, so theyve been using all the same designs for quite a while now
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
I'm sure I could come up with a cheap pair of aluminum heads for you... from a 3.8 :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #7
Bought a set of 60379 used eddy performers myself a few months ago along with many other parts,heads cost me 850shipped with 1.6 fms roller rockers.
Will be using 1.7 cobra rockers pedestal mount with the stock cam,should bump up the lift.027" to about .477" lift.
Was gonna change the cam but it's so much extra work i decided against it,i should net around 300-325hp with the stock cam and if i changed to an e-303 or stage 1 trick flow 350hp would probably be in my future.
With a fairly stock aod(exception of superior shift kit i just installed and 2200rpm stall)i would start to get worried about trans problems at 350hp,with around 300hp i should be good as a stock 5.0l aod is supposed to be rated to around 300hp.
O and if your looking for heads the classified section on http://www.corral.net is awesome,where i picked mine up,cheap.

Reply #8
Yeah theres a guy I'm talking to today about a set.. Any tips for a safe sale? I don't want to get screwed. He told me to make him an offer. I hate when people do that.. just tell me how much $$ lol... I'll let him sit for a day now...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
Best tip is only pay through paypal.
I did and that's how i pay for all of my stuff off of corral and ebay.
If you don't recieve the item then you can file a chargeback with them,and will recieve your money if the seller cannot provide a tracking#, and as we all know,if there is a tracking# the item is as good as in your hands,eventually! LOL
Offer him 750.00,it's about the going price for those.
If you can find a set with roller rockers like i did for an extra 100bucks,even better.
Sell the rockers if not needed and make back some cash.
Mine came with 1.6 roller fms rockers which i did not need as i am using crane cobra 1.7s,sold them locally for 150cdn(about 125us)so i only paid 725.00 for my heads.
Ebay tends to suck for heads,they go for way more money than the corral,eddy's usally sell for upwards of 850.00 used with no rockers.
Also when buying heads remember this:
Heads 750.00
Arp bolts,bushings for aluminum heads 100.00
Head gaskets(depending on heads)my o-ringed eddy's need special 100.00 gaskets.
Intake,exauste and rocker cover gaskets 50-100.
Machine shop work,checking for flatness,cracks,valve sealing and cleanup.
I work in a shop as a tech so i fortunatley have accsess to cleaning machines and valve spring tools so i fully disassembled my heads and cleaned them thourouly before sending them to the machine shop.
Still cost me 130cdn to get them checked out,luckly there mint and have been given the green light but if valve work had of been required the price would have increased quite a bit.
So all in total i'm up to about 1400cdn to buy,check and install my heads,just be prepared for the additional expenses,i wasn't.

Reply #10
To refine that advice further, pay with your credit card through PayPal. If you use paypal funds or a bank account, even if you do a chargeback you'll only get your money if the seller has it in his PayPal account (highly unlikely - if he's out to con you he'll yank that $$ out as soon as you pay it). If you use a credit card through PayPal, however, you can do a credit card chargeback if PayPal won't give you the money. PayPal would not like it, but anything that  PayPal off has to be a good thing anyway...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #11
Thanks for the tips guys. I just have to get a credit card now  :rollin: I got rid of them all over a year ago. Shouldn't take too long for them to send me one out.

He sent me pics.. what you guys think.. He says they are fresh from the machine shop ready to go..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
and one more...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
dude i think i filled the cup.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #14
those heads look like 60259's"old6025's" they have 2.02 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves.. i feel their to big.. but i stated that about 2 years ago when it came to Ed's car.how much does this guy want for them?