Skip to main content
Topic: Delete (Read 58586 times) previous topic - next topic

Delete

Reply #570
I already have an auto dim mirror in my car from a 90 town car , I too  skipped the reverse light  wire .
I like the idea of a compass but not the idea of running new wires, next trip to pullapart  I'll be on the look out :D
Fox-less at the moment

Delete

Reply #571
Quote from: hypostang;333356
I already have an auto dim mirror in my car from a 90 town car , I too skipped the reverse light wire .
I like the idea of a compass but not the idea of running new wires, next trip to pullapart I'll be on the look out :D

If you already have an auto dim then you are all set all all you need to do is make a connection to the existing wires and mount the mirror.

Running the wires for the temp sensor was easy for me on both my Tbird and Mustang. I have no headliner or roof pillar trim installed in the Tbird right now. However even for the Mustang, it was just a simple matter of removing the interior "A" pillar trim, running wires pushed under the front edge of the headliner then down the "A" pillar post. Then made a connection for 12V+ under the dash. For the ground I just tapped into the ground wire for the roof mounted map light which is mounted all the way forward in my Mustang. From under the dash, I ran two wires through a grommet in the firewall and pulled it through to the very front of the car. I then secured the wiring neatly and connected the temp sensor and zip tied it to an existing hole on some structure behind the bumper cover.

Delete

Reply #572
holy . I read the whole thread.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Delete

Reply #573
Quote from: sarjxxx;334297

That's a lot of reading at one time.....like a book.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Delete

Reply #574
Quote from: sarjxxx;334297

I am sure it took days... It would not have taken so long if I didn't change my mind so much...

Delete

Reply #575
Uhhh, yeah.... 4 day split up read... over the course of two weeks;)

But, it was a good read. I'd reccomend this e-book to anyone.:flame:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Delete

Reply #576
Btw, just my opinion, I really think the mn-12 steering wheel looked sooooooo much better with that dash. Not trying to knock your custom one, I know you love it, and there's nothing wrong with it, I just think the other one really fit the current interior.:2c:

Ohh, and the bird on the dash, AWESOME!!! I loved it.
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Delete

Reply #577
Quote from: sarjxxx;334426
Btw, just my opinion, I really think the mn-12 steering wheel looked sooooooo much better with that dash. Not trying to knock your custom one, I know you love it, and there's nothing wrong with it, I just think the other one really fit the current interior.:2c:

Ohh, and the bird on the dash, AWESOME!!! I loved it.

I love the MN-12 wheel too, but it just sits uncomfortably close to my chest. It's a deep wheel and Fox body cars need a shallow one.

Hardly anything custom about the 1984 Tbird steering wheel I am using. The only thing I did was modify the center emblem so that it actually blows the horn.

There is no telling what wheel I will end up with in the long run. Right now my main concern is getting it to run flawlessly. I would feel a lot better right now if it was. Right now I am a little discouraged but I just have to give it time. The cosmetics are always a piece of cake.

BTW, I seen a wonderful 85 Turbo Coupe today one of my customers was driving.  it ran good. It really only needed a paint job and some cosmetic refinement. Thunderlust set in needless to say.

Delete

Reply #578
what the heck happened to this thread? did you give up? are you gone? i'm so confused
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Delete

Reply #579
...???
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Delete

Reply #580
What the.......................What happened. We gotta have some kind of explanation after all that dedicated to the thread.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Delete

Reply #581
That's a whole lot of work to delete all them posts, is that done manually or some sort of batch delete
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Delete

Reply #583
Quote from: sarjxxx;341761
what the heck happened to this thread? did you give up? are you gone? i'm so confused

+1 ???
1987 TC