Skip to main content
Topic: Delete (Read 58586 times) previous topic - next topic

Delete

Reply #15
Quote from: V8Demon;274724
The floor looks solid!  Always a bonus!  Keep us updated!

Yes the floor is very solid! It looked like new when I took the carpet out! I felt really good about it after seeing someone on this forum have to replace and fabricate a floor pan for his Cougar.

Delete

Reply #16
Welcome to the restoration group. Looks like you got a good one to work with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Delete

Reply #17
What you want for the american racing rims? im taking the 10 holes off my mustang to put on the thunderbird this weekend and i need something to put back on the mustang just to roll it around, nothing fancy. plus i kinda like them lol they just need a good polish and cleaning.

BTW, the Thunderbird looks great! Looks like a nice solid project and your off to a great start! Keep it up man, keep the pics coming too! lol
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Delete

Reply #18
Quote from: Live Fast;274860
What you want for the american racing rims? im taking the 10 holes off my mustang to put on the thunderbird this weekend and i need something to put back on the mustang just to roll it around, nothing fancy. plus i kinda like them lol they just need a good polish and cleaning.

BTW, the Thunderbird looks great! Looks like a nice solid project and your off to a great start! Keep it up man, keep the pics coming too! lol

The American Racing rims are in great shape. I did leave them at my parents house about 100 miles away. I had to prep the Tbird with tires that held air so it could be towed to my house. The original TRX wheels and tires were stored and I had to put new valve stems in them to hold air. It will take me some time to get the American Racing rims from my parents house so I am not quite situated to sell them yet.

Delete

Reply #19
Quote from: Watchdevil;274829
.... The car will run but I can't drive it with no brakes.

Why not?!?! Just adds a little extra excitement. :D

I had some trouble with the rears but I think it was just the adjusters and not the prop valve. Blow some air through there while it's all apart if you want some extra 'clean power' but be careful disassembling, I broke a line because things were rusted up some and twisted when it should've floated. There's a dog down the road that's alive this morning and a black lockup patch to prove they're ok now. I'd leave the booster for last, if you start it with your foot on a solid pedal and the pedal doesn't tend downward then you need a new booster or have a vacuum leak.

Delete

Reply #20
Quote from: Watchdevil;274870
The American Racing rims are in great shape. I did leave them at my parents house about 100 miles away. I had to prep the Tbird with tires that held air so it could be towed to my house. The original TRX wheels and tires were stored and I had to put new valve stems in them to hold air. It will take me some time to get the American Racing rims from my parents house so I am not quite situated to sell them yet.

I understand, just shoot me a pm when you get ready. :D
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Delete

Reply #21
I admire anyone who rips the dash out of there vehicle.  That takes alot of guts!

I haven't made it as far as you have but one day I will. 

Keep up the good work!
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Delete

Reply #22
Yeah that looks pretty much like the sight I seen taking my dash apart. Just curious if you have a lot of cracks in the dash... Mine came apart in two pieces left and right and it was not supposed to!

Delete

Reply #23
Dude  nice car=]  and the factory wheels  look like the ones off a factory 83-84 turbo coupe(extremely hard to find)  Keep us up to date  and i'd put more pics up of my 85 if i could figure out how

Delete

Reply #24
Quote from: 85TBird5ltr;275035
Dude  nice car=]  and the factory wheels  look like the ones off a factory 83-84 turbo coupe(extremely hard to find)  Keep us up to date  and i'd put more pics up of my 85 if i could figure out how

Those wheels were an original option on that car and not only for the Turbo Coupe. This car belonged to my step-mom who bought it brand new. I have the original window sticker for it!

Delete

Reply #25
Quote from: Watchdevil;275026
Yeah that looks pretty much like the sight I seen taking my dash apart. Just curious if you have a lot of cracks in the dash... Mine came apart in two pieces left and right and it was not supposed to!

I think that is a common problem with these plastic dashes. The one I took out had a small crack in the middle and they are not real stiff so I'm sure if I pick it up in the middle the ends would sag and the crack would get bigger or break in half like you found. I've heard of other people with the same problem.

The driver's side floor board is not rusted... That is just rust dust from brushing away so much surface rust! The floorboards are unbelievably in like-new condition.

You can be thankful for that. Seems at least the 83-84 Birds have a weak spot for rust at the front of the front floor pans. I have an 83 I'm repairing now. I couldn't believe I found a good set of floors on a car in the junkyard here in the northeast. The rest of the car had some rust but the floors were like new.

For all the junkyard goers, keep looking for cars with good floors, that maybe something a lot of people will be looking for in the future.

Unfortunately I don't see many 83-84 Birds in the junkyards or for sale locally any more.

Good luck with your project!
tbirdregistry.com

Delete

Reply #26
I got all the bare metal cleaned of surface rust and painted black with a rust inhibitor. All the parts really look great. I have most of the dash reassembled save for the plastic shell. I took time to get rid of all the original cloth electrical wrap which was just falling out in flakes anyway. I organized and tied all the dash wiring neatly with zipties. All the wiring is still in great shape. Another picture to follow as soon as I can take one.

The seat brackets and tracks turned out great also.

Delete

Reply #27
Quote from: Watchdevil;275026

Was yours cracked in this area?
tbirdregistry.com

Delete

Reply #28
Quote from: rodsterh;276011
Was yours cracked in this area?

Worse!

Delete

Reply #29
Ouch, Something else to look for in the junkyards!
tbirdregistry.com