Skip to main content
Topic: WOW !!!!! A Carshow During Wintertime..... (Read 12347 times) previous topic - next topic

WOW !!!!! A Carshow During Wintertime.....

Reply #15
of all the cars there, and this will sound silly, i am digging that 79 t-bird. i always loved those big ,ugly, square things things for some reason.

Reply #17
Quote from: lakenheath24;251011
of all the cars there, and this will sound silly, i am digging that 79 t-bird. i always loved those big ,ugly, square things things for some reason.

Phill, That T-bird is a 78 dude !! ;)

Reply #18
Quote from: yellow86coogr;251024
I would have like seeing that yellow Torino as well. Nice job Merc Man

Victor, U asked real nice so now you will receive:1975 Torino

Reply #20
Awesome pics Dan.I love the Torinos.Your car looks great out there.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #21
Quote from: yellow86coogr;251024
I would have like seeing that yellow Torino as well. Nice job Merc Man

x2.............I'm not sure what year that one is,but I had a 1976 torino.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #22
Dan the cat looks great! The chain rope is a nice touch too btw :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #23
This may sound harsh - but having lived through the underpowered "smog box" period, I just can't develop warm feelings for any American car built between 1974 to about 1979.

Even the late '70's Firebird my aunt gave me - I was so glad when it was demolished. I have 1975 Corvette cylinder heads (smog) - guess what they're worth? Nothing. A dark era in automobiling for a muscle car enthusiast like me. Sorry if I'm stepping on some folks fond memories :hick:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #24
Yea that must have been haaaard to deal with lol all of a sudden everything gettin big and slow.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #25
Quote from: Cougar5.0;251040
I just can't develop warm feelings for any American car built between 1974 to about 1979.

i love 72 to 84(ford smog years) because i can do any modification to them  , it wont hurt there resale value plus in most cause's  i get to pick them up for real cheep.
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Reply #26
Quote from: Cougar5.0;251000
Wow, it's nice to see all those mint cars with indoor lighting. Your car looks nice there - that must've been fun.

Actually, what ever happened to World of Wheels? They usually show up this time of year. Holy !! It's this weekend!! (I just checked).

Will you be attending? I wasn't too impressed by it last year. I mean it was alright, I expected to see a lot more. When I used to go as a kid with my father I remember it being larger, although I was a kid I  could have just thought it was huge.

Reply #27
Quote from: lakenheath24;251011

:mad: its a 78 and they arent ugly. they are the most popular and best selling thunderbird ever! :D

Reply #28
Quote from: Cougar5.0;251040
This may sound harsh - but having lived through the underpowered "smog box" period, I just can't develop warm feelings for any American car built between 1974 to about 1979.

...Says the guy that drives a late 80's sled that made all of 150 thundering horsepower stock :D

I love that '78 T-Bird. Yeah, I know it was a smogged out underpowered sled, but that'd be just as easy to rectify as, say, installing a supercharged 5.0 into an anniversary Cougar ;)

If I ever had a '78 T-Top 'Bird it'd have to be green with the gold trim and fake trunk buckles, though. If you're gonna go with 70's cheese, might as well go all the way...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #29
Quote from: jpc647;251087
Will you be attending? I wasn't too impressed by it last year. I mean it was alright, I expected to see a lot more. When I used to go as a kid with my father I remember it being larger, although I was a kid I  could have just thought it was huge.

Me too.  I was there every year when I was a kid growing up in the 70's, with my dad. The last time I went was mid-90's and it was about half the size it used to be.  Then the last couple years it has gotten bigger again.

I had a '76 Torino, too.
1987 TC