Skip to main content
Topic: Making movies.....need help (Read 1527 times) previous topic - next topic

Making movies.....need help

Ok, i was gonna try and make a couple of movies with my cam corder. How in the hell do I get the video to the computer? I am pretty sure I need some kind of program, but was wondering if there was a generic program that everyone uses? My camera is a Panasonic PV-GS300. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to get you guys some videos of the car before it sells. People are starting to look at it more.
Brian

Reply #1
What kind of media does the camcorder record to? Does it use a memory card/stick, or some kind of digital tape (DVC)?

If you're going to record onto digital tape or mini DVD, which usually offers far better video quality over a memory card, you will need to get a capture device for your computer.
These can be found as external units with USB connectivity, or you can buy them as a card and install them right onto the motherboard. Technically, they're all the same - they will have RCA inputs for video and audio, and some will have a coaxial, digital, or s-video input as well.
You will need software that will work with the device so you can "capture" the footage as you play it from the camcorder.
Essentially, the software digitally records the video and audio as you play it back.
You can then save all of the raw footage and use an editing program to make your videos.
I've used Adobe Premiere in the past, but it's very unstable on a Windows OS. Some new PCs come with "Windows Movie Maker," which seems to be the weapon of choice for the new generation of YouTube people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
I am pretty sure that the camera came with a  movie converter type program. But I'll be a monkeys uncle if i know where it is. I am gonna have to do some checking or something. Can you get this stuff from like Best Buy? Thanks
brian

Reply #3
I will help you this weekend man. My digicam is badass ;] 7.2 MP new samsung.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #4
ok then. I would still  like to get mine to work but that will do.
brian