Skip to main content
Topic: 289 (Read 4321 times) previous topic - next topic

Reply #15
Quote from: Crash225;250155
I was also thinking of using a c4 when the my AOD goes. What is he going to need for the c4 part of the swap?

Matching block plate, (1/16" thick plate that sets the starter in place), a way to shift it, kick down for a carb, vacuum line to the modulator, and probably some other things I can't think of off hand.  Since the 289 is 1965, it should be the 6 bolt type, so no problems there. 

Ottoparts, if you have a dual carb set up, I'd like to see it.  I'm considering one for my Meteor, or Fairlane (both 1962)
1987 TC

Reply #16
HAVI here are twp pic's of my 289. With air clraners for when I was driving down the road and the stacks are for racing.
This set up in a 62 (If I remember right) Falcon sat nice and low in the engine bay (with the air cleaners). The stock hood almost closed.
This set up in my 65 Mustang was way above the cowl. Even with a fiberglass tear drop hood, I couldn't run the air cleaners. I'll look to see if I can find some pic's of it in both cars.
Whoa, that was fun!

Reply #18
link not working
1987 TC

Reply #19
Dumb question, did you open a new tab and then copy and paste it ? I just tried and it worked.
Whoa, that was fun!

Reply #20
yep, copied and paseted into google instead of the top of the IE explorer thingy....my bad.

BTW, there's a thread on the HAMB right now about old aluminum intakes for the first 289's.
1987 TC

Reply #21
I'll go look for it. Thanks.
Whoa, that was fun!

Reply #22
Whats rods/crank and pistons are in that jewel?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #23
Nothing to special. The rods are stock (scary, I know) and hope to upgrade them this year. The crank is stock but has been cross drilled and micro polished. The pistons are TRW 12.5:1, forged pop tops with plasma rings that we hand file fitted. The ring gaps are roughly half the thickness of stock pistons too. At the time the plasma rings were all that was offered for them. The whole rotating mass was balanced too
Whoa, that was fun!