Skip to main content

Poll

Yay or Nay

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: Yay or Nay on new look (Read 4377 times) previous topic - next topic

Yay or Nay on new look

After demoralizing my self working on the car today, I took it out on some spair parts I had laying around. So let me know what you think
Before

After

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #1
Now it kinda looks like a Lincoln....
I prefer the white, but like them both almost equally.

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #2
screw the grill :flip:

how about getting it running right first.. then screw with the body parts.... :raspberry
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #3
I got it running again.. just not well. I can go out and start it, she just runs like ass. And I was going to just paint the "outer edge" of the grill white and the rest black, but I oversprayed a bit and here we are. Just experminting a bit but still

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #4
Gloss black ftl.

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #5
Thanks Brian... but there is a reason I did it. The rest of the car has a gloss black under, the head lights were gloss black.. wny not runin a good 85-6 grill with gloss black as well.

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #6
The V-8 badges suck (looks like pieces that are from a salvage car stuck on for a car they don't belong on).The black grille looks like it belongs on a black car.Go chrome or white.Last but not least (for now),I saw a Fila driving the oppisite direction of me on the interstae going to Oklahoma City today.Not in bad shape either.They're still out there.How's the car running?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #7
Mine... like shiznit. Due for a new timing chain as soon as I get one. Off the grill comes and the stock goes back on. Would it change any if I were to paint it flack black or just wait till the gar gets painted and do the new grill body color like the stock one?

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #8
Body Color FTW! Black looks way out of place. Looks good the way it is.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #9
Tape off the center paint and paint the edges all white then put it back on and see would kind of match more with the headlights.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #10
i personally liked the white grill... but i have to say this... DAYUM them some ugly feet :-p couldnt resist

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #11
Ok so from all this we learned that black is on for the "inner" grill but the outer MUST be body color. And That I have ugly feet. Fair enough the stock goes back on in a bit

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #12
Fix the door!:beatyoass: :hick:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #13
I agree, outside white, mesh black.

Yay or Nay on new look

Reply #14
You own this car yet?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo