Skip to main content
Topic: Box style intake...pics... (Read 476 times) previous topic - next topic

Box style intake...pics...

I'm going to try this again, but with more pics...utilizes 5.0 truck lower(same as holley systemax), gasket matched at upper plenum, upper plenum consists of 2" of original upper plenum, box portion is contructed of 1/4" aluminum plate, the throttle body  is 3/8" aluminum plate, everything was heli-arc welded and pressure tested in excess of 30lbs...painted Ford Industrial Blue (looks much lighter in pics).

I tried taking pictures of the inside, but they came out horribly and you can't even tell what you're looking at.  The throttle body opening is 3.5".  NOT EGR FRIENDLY.  Will include neccessary vacuum fittings.  Bottom plate was welded to upper plenum stub first, then all interior edges were radiused and smoothed, runner dividers are reminiscient of airfoils.  Will clear stock hood, fuel lines, and distributor...no fitament issues.

I've posted this also on Corral.net for $400, i'll let it go here for $350 or best offer.  Located in So. Jersey.

Thanks,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #1
Just about any half-way reasonable offer considered.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Reply #2
that's cool, man!

do you have to use studs to bolt them together or will bolts fit under the upper plenum?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #3
bolts will fit fine, it'll be a lot easier to stud it though...probably cost the same too!

Reply #4
hmmm...$200 maybe?  Anybody?

Reply #5
Strip the paint,smooth the welds,and then polish the upper.Bead blast the bottom,and then you will sell it faster.People like shiny stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
guestimate on operating range? not intended for much bottom end torque is it? does it have all nessesary vacuum ports?
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;189349
Strip the paint,smooth the welds,and then polish the upper.Bead blast the bottom,and then you will sell it faster.People like shiny stuff.

I hate shiny stuff...lol.  I'm selling it cheap enough for what it is...I'll leave the shiny part up to the buyer.

On a N/A motor, I would say the operating range would be 3500+...now if you have a nice set of heads and headers, with a little cam...it'll really scream...would pull off idle nice with a turbo...and would kick ass with a centrifugal s/c.

Reply #8
$200 is a very reasonable price.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #9
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;189371
$200 is a very reasonable price.

thank you...I was hoping to get $350-$400 so I could buy the Sport...but ended up selling my Plymouth Reliant wagon for $850, so I'm willing to let this go for $200 obo just because I'm tired of looking at it on my living room floor...lmao.

And yes, it will include the "vacuum tree" and PCV elbow...that's what the two bungs are for on the upper plenum.

Reply #10
Need money, BADLY...I'm willing to take a loss on this and let it go for $100...you come and pick it up.  I would really like to be able to pay my rent this month...I think my landlord would appreciate it too! lol