Skip to main content
Topic: The Daily Driver Shuffle. (Read 2934 times) previous topic - next topic

The Daily Driver Shuffle.

So I haven't posted too much here. Figured I'd get everyone up to day as to what I've been daily driving and the like.

I'm sure everyone remembers my black TC, so I wont post pics.

Anyways, this was the LX that took place of the TC as far as daily driver duties:

And thankfully I kept the TC around because of this:

So after this, the TC was put back on the road, until I blew the rear. So thats two clutches, a transmission, two turbos, an engine, and a rear. I gave the car away as it was because of my frustration, and replaced it with this:

This was the worst mistake I made. Overpaid, put in far too much money, broke it many times over, and had it running correctly for maybe 20 minutes before I broke it. Worst of all, no one will buy it. I have more money in parts than I'm asking for the whole thing. It's going to the junkyard.

Now the current driver:

Got the car for a steal. Needs lifters, and luckily for me, a buddy of mine has a hookup. As long as nothing too bad happens, I'll be keeping this one for a long time.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #1
Eeeeew. GM product (*shudder*), I feel your pain, I drive a pilac Catera.

Reply #2
Wait so you gave the TC away?

Man, the LX was such a clean car. What happened?

F-Body......:barf: LOL just kidding. Almost bought one a few months ago because it was a steal. I just wanted to flip it though.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
Quote from: 86XR7project;257483
Eeeeew. GM product (*shudder*), I feel your pain, I drive a pilac Catera.

You must have a low tolerance to pain, because I really enjoy this car. Far superior to any fox body car out of the box PERIOD.

Quote from: DVP
Wait so you gave the TC away?

Man, the LX was such a clean car. What happened?

F-Body...... LOL just kidding. Almost bought one a few months ago because it was a steal. I just wanted to flip it though.

Yeah, I gave it away. I couldn't deal with it anymore. The engine had no oil pressure at idle, had a blown rear, and the registration was suspended because it wouldn't pass emissions no matter what I did. I was tired of it. Car was well abused before I even thought about buying it.

I got rear ended in the LX in rush hour traffic. Guy wanted to get over a lane, was staring at his mirror, and ran right into me. He was doing about 60mph when he hit me. I came out fine, the power recline seat gave, so I didn't get the brunt of the impact. After I popped the trunk, hit the inertia switch, it fired up and drove home like nothing happened. Was a shame.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Quote from: Tbird232ci;257486
You must have a low tolerance to pain, because I really enjoy this car. Far superior to any fox body car out of the box PERIOD.

Yeah, I gave it away. I couldn't deal with it anymore. The engine had no oil pressure at idle, had a blown rear, and the registration was suspended because it wouldn't pass emissions no matter what I did. I was tired of it. Car was well abused before I even thought about buying it.

I got rear ended in the LX in rush hour traffic. Guy wanted to get over a lane, was staring at his mirror, and ran right into me. He was doing about 60mph when he hit me. I came out fine, the power recline seat gave, so I didn't get the brunt of the impact. After I popped the trunk, hit the inertia switch, it fired up and drove home like nothing happened. Was a shame.

Are you going to try and fix it or call it a loss?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
The LX is long gone. I pulled the fenders, doors, and some misc stuff off and junked it. Would cost far too much to fix it. The car was bent pretty bad, you could see it in the roof, the door gap, and everything.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
I'll stick with the fox body thank you very much.

Reply #7
What year is the Firebird?

Too bad you junked the LX. I could have used a spare ECC head unit;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
Its a 97. Has a decent amount of options, and being a Trans Am, it has the LT1, and it has a T56. Very fun car.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
Ah last of the LT1s. Looks to be a nice DD. Do I spy T-tops? ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #10
I can think of worse cars to own than an LT1/T56 Firebird...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #11
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;257522
I can think of worse cars to own than an LT1/T56 Firebird...

Volvos, Saturns........:hick:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #12
I've had a fond feeling of the LT1 cars ever since I drove a '95 Z-28 with the 6-speed. That car was insanely fast. While the interior sucked, it was a blast to throw around. Very fun cars.

Keep an eye on the rear end in that car, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Quote from: V8Demon;257527
Volvos, Saturns........:hick:
Maximas...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #14
Cateras