Skip to main content
Topic: 83 Cougar 5.0, $2900 (Read 1002 times) previous topic - next topic

83 Cougar 5.0, $2900

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/6012385553.html

1983 cougar with the 5.0, power window's , and ant. ROCK SOLID BODY LIKE A CALIFORNIA CAR SHOULD BE. Run's good, but can use a tune-up, 123k miles, seat's have the CALIFORNIA SUN FADE but they are not torn to shreds. Run's and drive's but it was sitting in a CALIFORNIA garage for 15 year's. AGAIN THIS IS A ROCK SOLID CALIFORNIA BODY !!!! Only missing 2 minor thing's the driver's side front molding and hood ornament.

Looks like there's a weird dent under where the rocker and quarter panel meet on the driver side.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

83 Cougar 5.0, $2900

Reply #2
it has those lighted cougars on the outside also,,, wish i had a set of those.

never had the opportunity to see an 83 under hood shot in stock form before.

interesting.

those are the seats i had in my 84

83 Cougar 5.0, $2900

Reply #3
If I had the cash/space right now I would buy this. If it's rust free it's a steal.

I blew all my car fund money on a repaint of my Thunderbird so I got no spare car cash. Plus with 4 cars I'm literally out of places to park cars at home.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

83 Cougar 5.0, $2900

Reply #4
I just picked up an 83 carbed 3.8 cat for $300. Has the vinyl half roof thing. Paints a bit faded and the windows down work, but other then that its a really solid car.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

83 Cougar 5.0, $2900

Reply #5
This Cougar has been on the local Craigslist since February. Asking price started around $4k.