Skip to main content
Topic: Whats everyone do in their spare time other than wrench? (Read 1754 times) previous topic - next topic

Whats everyone do in their spare time other than wrench?

Reply #15
I'm building a camper.... and custom built other things that I cant share at this time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #16
Spare time? Whats that?  I used to wrench on my Bird, fish on the ocean, listen to music........now i work, i work, and i work some more, and wipe some boogers in between from kids noses, when im not helping my wife with something or overseeing the rebuild of my demolished house.....i will get back to this thread when im like 70.......

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #17
Spare time?

Surely you jest..

After the kids are asleep, and the wife has no demands of me, I try to unwind by watching some TV shows on the computer (Arghh, matey. ;) ) and clean, work on, or read about guns. If I'm home alone, and it's a nice day out, I'll either practice with one or the other of my carry guns, or familiarize myself with the AR-15. Otherwise, I try to catch up on vehicle repair/mods, or I'm inside, online either ordering parts, looking at parts (gun/car/atv) or researching info for one of those 3. Otherwise, I'm either at my real job, asleep, or spending time with The Most Importants.

I can only stay focused on one things for just so long, then I get bored with it and the dislike sets in. On the bright side, after nearly 4 years, my Tbird is mostly done, save for body work, and that goded dash harness, and I still don't want to sell it...not yet anyway. Plus I've got some more goods to slap on it when I do find the wiring I need to finish the current pain in the ass that it's causing me. Heh.

I've also got 2 sicks dogs, one of which is terminal, the other one will be getting a surgery as well, plus the kids....yeah, I don't even have time to piss my pants and die. LOL.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #18
Is beer drinking considered a past time!!!??

Like most people on this board/thread  I like to fix things.  Great with computers...less great with machinery....ok with wood.  But I do have a summer project to work on this year...
Big bin for my trash cans....

Travis

Reply #19
Dirt biking, quading, playing guitar/singing with my girlfriend, fishing, mountain biking. I spend most nights hanging out with my friends at our shop. People think we are a buisness, but the shop is actually just a club house where we hang out and work on our own cars.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #20
If I'm not at work or spending time with my kids, I like to fish, play video games, read, and work on the Cougar or my truck. Lately I've been customizing my two toddlers' powerwheels, and trying to learn more about L.E.D.s. I do a lot of dreaming about my cars, my future tattoo plans and business ideas. I read a lot online and do a lot of research about my vehicles, my guns and try to keep up on important events, not the  News Channels cover. I watch Netflix on my 360 while surfing the net. Trying to go back to school and finish my bachelors, 24 year old single father of two doesn't make it easy to get a lot done.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit