Skip to main content
Topic: CL ads! Funny, ridiculous, awesome... post them here! (Read 6198 times) previous topic - next topic

CL ads! Funny, ridiculous, awesome... post them here!

Reply #15
A friend of mine had for awhile a '66 GT350 clone. It was a factory GT, but the previous owner spent a lot of time and bucks getting genuine Shelby parts. Steve took the 289 engine out (it had issues) and put a hot 302 in it, using the Shelby engine bits.

It had everything except the rally pack gauges to make it a full Shelby GT350, well, of course except for the VIN and the numbers.

BTW, it ran hard. It was pretty scary, breaking the tires loose at 55 mph...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #16

That's hilarious. Gotta give the guy credit for salesmanship.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3009313491.html

Selling a 01 cobra not a py 99 cobra

96k miles witch is nothing to these hand built cobra motors

Tremec 3650 trans with pro 5.0 short shifter and shiznits perfect !:giggle:

Reply #19
I heard painting your drums red adds about 25 HP, I would rip the interior out and squash that ugly bug after.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #20
Quote from: bullitt4514;390111
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3009313491.html

Selling a 01 cobra not a py 99 cobra

96k miles witch is nothing to these hand built cobra motors

Tremec 3650 trans with pro 5.0 short shifter and shiznits perfect !:giggle:
I like how this guy tells you it has an off-road x-pipe (no cats) and then tells you further down that it will pass smog, no problem. More like it'll cost you an extra hundy to pass smog.  You're not going to ace the whiff w/o cats in a million years. lol.

Reply #21
Quote from: bullitt4514;390113
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3019105088.html  Dodge wheels

I actually like the wheels. They look good on the car. I'd swap the center caps, but they work well with the Stang.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #22
love my county i live in pre 94 or something don't need a test at all if it didn't come with a certain computer it is exempt no wift tests out here they plug and play

Reply #24
Wait a minute... how do you get a 93 ford with a puppies inline 6 to pass saftey and emissions while making 900hp? I know e85 runs clean, but still. I'd like to see all the smog stickers on that engine.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #25
Man a toyota engein in a ford. Whats next?

Reply #26
Quote from: jonwayne1988;390552
Man a toyota engein in a ford. Whats next?

Nothing new there.....The Generation I and II SHO Taurus had Yamaha V-6 engines........from the factory.....

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #27
Quote from: MY83T;390568
Nothing new there.....The Generation I and II SHO Taurus had Yamaha V-6 engines........from the factory.....

The 3.0 and 3.2 were NOT Yamaha engines.  The heads were designed by Yamaha and as far as I know, final assembly was by Yamaha, but that engine was based on an aluminum casting of the u-code push-rod 3.0L, converted to run DOHC heads, in a similar fashion to the way the 4.0L engine was converted to the SOHC 4.0L monstrosity, only with better results.  All SHO engines are very much Ford engines designed (or perhaps redesigned) with outside consultancy.  The 3.4L V-8 in the wife's SHO, for example, is based on the 2.5L V6 with 2 additional cylinders and outsourced heads.  I heard through reliable sources that they were engineered by Yamaha and cast by Cosworth (perhaps the block also, but I don't remember what I was told on that), to which Ford itself added the multi-element intake. 
And before somebody pipes up about cam sprockets, I welded them when I had the motor apart for valves right after I bought it.

Reply #28
I am not arguing the point with you at all, but this is info from various enthusiast sites i found:

Taurus SHO
Vehicle: Ford Taurus SHO
Years made: 1989-1999
Engines available: 220BHP 24V DOHC Yamaha V6 (89-95), 234BHP 32V DOHC Ford/Yamaha V8 (96-99)
Transmissions available: 5 speed Mazda transaxel (89-95), 4 speed Borg Warner automatic transaxel(93-95), 4 speed AX4N automatic transaxel (96-99)

What it is: The SHO is a Taurus. It features a very reliable puppiesanese Yamaha motor; the V6 version is known to easily exceed 200k miles. It can successfully race and win over many cars thanks to its excellent high-end power. It will also carry you in comfort to work everyday (except when the CPS goes) with 30 miles to the gallon. In this respect, it is a sleeper.
http://www.superhighoutput.com/about.php
Origin

In 1984, executives of the Yamaha Motor Corporation signed a contract with the Ford Motor Company to develop, produce, and supply a compact 60° DOHC V6 engine for transverse application.
There has been some confusion about the original intended use of the engine. It was thought this engine was first intended to power a mid-engine sports car, that project (known internally as GN34) was cancelled. Patents have been found and pictures of prototype SHO powerplants installed in the Taurus show that the original intent was for the larger FWD setup and the GN34 would have come later. There were a few GN34 prototypes produced, most with standard Vulcan engines and a few other factory swaps, a SHO Ranger being one.

AND THIS:
In case you haven't noticed, there will always be a place in our hearts for the Taurus SHO, and news that the car is headed back to production has at least one staffer in something approaching a dream state. But if you ever really thought about it, it doesn''t really make too much sense that Ford would commission a high-revving V6 for its family hauler. As it turns out, Ford had grander plans for the 220 horsepower Yamaha engine. In 1984, Ford brass green-lighted an all-new, mid engine sports car to compete with exotics from Europe. The car was being tested and engineered by Roush and Ford signed a contract with Yamaha to build the engine. By 1986, Ford had bigger priorities, and the GN34 project was shelved to make room for the first Ford Explorer. Judging from the Explorer's incredible success in the Nineties, we'd say that Ford made the right call.

With GN34 scuttled, Ford sped all but two of the mid engine prototypes (Jack Roush has both of the Pantera-influenced models in his private collection), but there was still the matter of a signed contract with Yamaha. Instead of putting the powerful 3.0L engine under the hood of the Mustang or Thunderbird, Ford made the decision to instead turn the Taurus into the sport sedan we know and love. It's hard to say if the GN34 would have ever become a hit, but few can deny the impact the SHO had on the automotive landscape.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/12/chicago-2009-sho-history-the-real-reason-ford-had-yamahas-v6/

Not that its relevant to the topic, but i owned a 95 SHO for 10 years since new........loved the car.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #29
The ford 3.8 is a copied buick design, and the 1.8, 1.9 2.0 and 2.3 engines were al designed in europe, and the 4.0 v-6 in explorers, and rangers was built a designed in germany.

The "modern" 2.3's are directly from A mazda, and some of the suv engines (including the nissian fronteir/escape and the van engine for the nissian quest and mercury villager) were built by nissian.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com