Skip to main content
Topic: Just bought 88 XR7 (Read 1851 times) previous topic - next topic

Just bought 88 XR7

Reply #15
im in norman, my cougar is in goldsby, you know where that is?

Just bought 88 XR7

Reply #16
Okay the motor mounts on the previous engine were brand new and had rubber insets with metal safety tabs.  The motor mounts on the new engine are direct bolt on.  Other than wild vibration and feeling every cyl, would it be hard on frame or whatever if i just bolt the engine to the frame.

Just bought 88 XR7

Reply #17
I lived in Norman for quite some time when I was younger.827 Richmond Drive.It was a new neighborhood back then.Not new now.I know the town really well.Goldsby,I'm not sure of.

Motor mounts...Bolt the engine to the fram?What do you mean by that?Can't you just use the factory motor mounts with the rubber cushions?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Just bought 88 XR7

Reply #18
Yea I have those, but this engine came from a Lincoln and has these mounts that with same extra thick grade8 washers, will bolt right to frame.  I can use the factory cushions too, didnt know if the vibration of the engine will hinder life of car.

Just bought 88 XR7

Reply #19
I had to relocate the tensioner's range, by drilling 1/4" hole about an inch counter clokcwise on alternator bracket.  this frees up the belt to run across to power steering. see picture above.  I hope this works! Also, whats a safe amount of juice the stock engine can hold? I wnat like 125 shot, whats needed to support that?  I hope not whole new bottom end.

Nitrous Controller:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/misc/spotlight/sl-71900.shtml
Nitrous Inject Kit:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/nitrous_systems/efi_perf_rpm.shtml