Skip to main content
Topic: 86 Tbird value? (Read 1324 times) previous topic - next topic

86 Tbird value?

Im just trying to get some Ideas for how much an 86 tbird with a 5.0 goes for. Was hoping I could get a good idea on here. I dont really want to part with it but I might have to, So I figured I would get a head start on what I might ask for my car if I do decide to sell it. Thanks everyone
1980 Ghia Cobra 2.3 Turbo
1986 T-bird 5.0
1997 Merc grand marquis 4.6
2002 Mazda Tribute 3.0
2003 Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
:tbirdbang:

86 Tbird value?

Reply #1
That's hard to say without pics of the entire car,mileage,mods,or lack of them,and overall details.I see them from $200.00 up to a few thousand.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

86 Tbird value?

Reply #2
You won't get much for it. It'd probably be best you go ahead and take my generous offer of $150.00 cash, $20 bills, and I might be talked into parting with my half-drank Mt. Dew. It's kind of flat and I can't find the lid, but it's a Mt Dew :headbang:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

86 Tbird value?

Reply #4
Nice looking car.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

86 Tbird value?

Reply #5
I'd say between $1200-1500 for your bird if the paint and interior are average.  If they are excellent, maybe $1800-$2200+.  Also depends on what options you have.

Looks really nice.

86 Tbird value?

Reply #6
car was repainted about three years ago so its in pretty good shape and for the interior the drivers seat is torn on the side but everything else looks pretty good even all the electonics are working.
1980 Ghia Cobra 2.3 Turbo
1986 T-bird 5.0
1997 Merc grand marquis 4.6
2002 Mazda Tribute 3.0
2003 Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
:tbirdbang:

86 Tbird value?

Reply #7
I'll offer the advice I always offer to guys looking for a value on something. List it on eBay for $1 with a crazy high reserve and see where it goes. Then you will know exactly how much it was worth at that point in time. Of course, if you relist it the next week, it could be "worth" twice as much or 1/10 as much. That's why it's hard to put a price on things. What something is worth does not always equal what it will sell for.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

86 Tbird value?

Reply #8
I recently picked up an '86 with original paint, only mods being a sawed off exhaust behind the cat, tint, and ground effects kit. Interior is all but flawless, albeit a bit faded as red is wont to do. One tiny little ding in the chrome trim on the passenger door where someone put a rock through the window to steal the PO's $50 MP3 player, so that one is sans tint. Oh yean, Bullitt wheels with centers painted black. Sounds odd, but looks pretty good actually. Check in User Rides section (find me in there). It's posted.

Gave $2000 bucks for it, and put another $600 worth of rubber on it. Drives sweet, runs good. Old C5 tranny works/shifts like a champ. It IS a V6, but the ground fx are what I was after. BTW, it had less than 50K original miles on it too. Averaging less than 2K/year on the odo. Even has the original factory AM/FM/Cassette player.

HOWEVER, all that said, check NADA because it is now a vintage vehicle (>25 yrs old). My blue one (with over 150K) was popped by some stupid old bat, and her insurance company tried to total it for $700 dollars. I had a few choice things to say about what they could do with their $700, because it only had a bent fender. OP's car was MUCH worse for the contact. Got a lawyer involved, and wound up getting a check for $4800 outta her insurance company because of them trying to hoodwink me, as well as the value of the car ($5300). Your paint job may lower the value some, though. Sounds stupid, but original paint, regardless how bad a shape it's in, is worth more than a re-paint to NADA when setting price. The kind folks that repaired my Impala after a WhiteTail tried to mate with it taught me a few things.

Don't underestimate it's value, but, don't be too disappointed because of location and market either.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.