Skip to main content
Topic: Why does Europe get all the cool Foci? (Read 6574 times) previous topic - next topic

Why does Europe get all the cool Foci?

Reply #15
I keep hearing talk of Ford wanting to make global cars (like BMW) but all I see with my big fat blinders on is the RS on that side of the pond.... and the Mustang on this side.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #16
Quote from: Ether947;316548
I keep hearing talk of Ford wanting to make global cars (like BMW) but all I see with my big fat blinders on is the RS on that side of the pond.... and the Mustang on this side.

FPV? Forget RS and SVT. Those guys have it going on.

Reply #17
I try not to think about all the cars Ford produces overseas... it just makes me sad faced. Although I am usually a fan, I am not digging the styling of the current line-up of Aussie Performance Fords. I'd rather have a G8 GT with the GXP manual gearbox.

Reply #18
We are getting the new Focus the company that I work for is in progress of retooling the Michigan Truck plant (MTP) to build the new Focus We should start seeing them the beggining of next year or possibly around Aug or Sep of this year
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #19
Quote from: Ether947;316560
I'd rather have a G8 GT with the GXP manual gearbox.

You CAN get that ;)

Personally I'd rather have a Falcon XR6

Reply #20
Quote from: 86XR7project;316649
You CAN get that ;)

Really? Show me now!:hick:

Reply #21
Quote from: 86XR7project;316649
You CAN get that ;)

Personally I'd rather have a Falcon XR6

If only they made a two door that didn't have a truck box.

I'd love to even see an FPV Typhoon in person, let alone own one. Whoever at Ford thought it would be funny to drive these things around Michigan for awhile, then NOT sell it here, needs to  a cactus.

Reply #22
There's actually a simple reason we don't get this new RS: It's a last hurrah for a body type that is being replaced next year and has never been federalized. It'd make zero sense to federalize this body for one model year just to sell a few dozen hot hatches.

Not that I'm excusing Ford, mind you, because the body should've been federalized years ago. Hopefully the new "Global" focus will bring us some performance variants...

The government shares some blame as well. Not just the US government, but the governments of all major car markets. There should be one global safety standard, and any car sold in any country that adopts this standard should be able to move freely among any other countries that use the standard. Not being able to bring a European car into the USA because it's too safe (but doesn't meet some strange US standard like headlight beam pattern or bumper height) is absurd.

One nice thing about Canada: Standards only go back 15 years. Once a car hits 15 years old it can be imported. That's why you see puppiesanese mini-trucks and RHD Skylines & Supras driving around here...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣