Skip to main content
Topic: I saw a 2010 Camaro drive by me on the highway (Read 9012 times) previous topic - next topic

I saw a 2010 Camaro drive by me on the highway

Reply #15
whats with all of the smiling chevy cars anyways?  can they not build a car that doesnt look like the rest of their model line up?

Reply #16
Quote from: 88turbo;278224
whats with all of the smiling chevy cars anyways?  can they not build a car that doesnt look like the rest of their model line up?

A happy car makes a happy driver? :dunno:
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #17
I think they look a lot better in person than in the pics - certainly nicer than the 2010 Mustang GT I drove recently.

Personally i think the '10 stang and the new challenger look much,nuch better than the camaro. I've seen several around here and after the suprise of seeing the first one, it got ugly quick. What a disgusting looking car.

I still dont car for the look of the rear if the latest mustang but the front has grown on me. Specially the gt500's.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #18
Meh I'll keep my 21 year old 5.0 HO T-bird;) When I need a new daily driver to replace the 95 T-bird I'm getting a '03-'04 Mercury Marauder. In black. :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #19
Speaking of smiling cars, WTF is up with Mazda's latest look? And worse still, Acura?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
New Camaro (in red) is at the local dealership.  Looked good at first, but I'm not sure I'd get one.  Same dealership had the new Challenger in orange, and I wasn't a fan of that one neither, until I saw an all black one.  The new Mustang I saw at another dealership, in light blue with black striping.  That looked really good as well, but the appeal has already started to wear off (just like the 05-09's).  Nope, a new car for me would have to still be either a Marauder (thunderjet302 and I seem to think alike, lol) or newer Chrysler 300...also in black.
1987 TC

Reply #21
i saw a new camaro a few days ago, and while it looked better in person than in the pictures, i still wasnt impressed with the car overall. i dont like the front end or rear end styling of the car, and i certainly dont like the chopped top look. had they made the greenhouse a bit taller, say about 1 1/2", the car would have looked much better.
64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

yeah though i drive through the valley of rice

i shall fear no turbo for torque art with me

thy rod and thy piston they comfort me

Reply #22
Seen a few on the road.  They're nice.  Nicer than the body style they replaced.  The old body style was made very plain by Chevy and was done quite well by Pontiac.  It's a shame we won't be able to see a Pontiac version of this new one.  Maybe they could have done something that got them out of the ugly styling rut they'd been in for abut 5 years or so....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #23
I'm going to have to agree with Cougar5.0. They are a very nice looking car. I'm sorry I can't become interested in mustangs, for one everyone has them and secondly there are too many guys going through a mid life crisis buying them. Mustangs don't change enough, look how long the fox platform was around.

I don't like the new challenger because for one its $40,000. Back in the day Dodge was always the cheapest brand, they thought just because it looked okay people would shell out butt loads of money for it. There are three at the local dealership that have been sitting there for 6 months. I've only seen two on road with normal plates, the rest have been dealer plates.

Now the Camaro. It certainly looks good. The base price is only 2,000 more than a mustang and it is certainly worth the extra money. The camaro has more hp, more torque, and just better looking.  The ford v8 version wouldn't touch the ss, only a shelby would, simply because ford did not design and put it together. And I have to disagree with Turbo88, the front end of the camaro looks nothing like any of the other cars, the malibu for example is completely different.

Reply #24
The ford v8 version wouldn't touch the ss  only a shelby would, simply because ford did not design and put it together.

Considering Ford had 5 model years of sales where the Camaro wasn't even competition and the fact that about 600,000 Mustangs were sold in that time frame -- I'm talking the S197 platform only -- I think the Ford bank accounts would disagree.  Besides, the new motor is slotted for the next model year.  Ford & Chevy have played horsepower leapfrog for years...Besides that over 400 pounds (closer to 500 FWIW) heavier needs some more grunt to get it going.

And I have to disagree with Turbo88, the front end of the camaro looks nothing like any of the other cars, the malibu for example is completely different.

The front end IS distinctly a Chevrolet design....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #25
I know mustang's sell, but its because they are cheap.  I'm not trying to start an arguement here, i just think the new camaro looks miles better than the mustang. I mean year the new one is different, but one can still see the resemblance to the 05 versions, I mean I personally don'l like mustangs simply because everyone drives one and packs of them try to invade local crusie nights which are designed for antique and classic cars.

Whats the big deal is its a chevy front end? The mustang front end is distinctly a ford design. I think were picking the car apart too much without realizing why were saying applies to any manufacturer.

Reply #26
I know mustang's sell, but its because they are cheap.

By that same token then the Camaro is cheap if one were to go by your statement above ;)

packs of them try to invade local crusie nights which are designed for antique and classic cars.

That's why my local club makes it's own meets.

Whats the big deal is its a chevy front end?

No biggie for me really. He said they all seem to smile.  You stated:

the front end of the camaro looks nothing like any of the other cars, the malibu for example is completely different.

MALIBU

CAMARO

No resemblance at all.... ;)

Reply #27
Quote from: V8Demon;278301
Considering Ford had 5 model years of sales where the Camaro wasn't even competition and the fact that about 600,000 Mustangs were sold in that time frame I think the Ford bank accounts would disagree.  Besides, the new motor is slotted for the next model year.  Ford & Chevy have played horsepower leapfrog for years...Besides over 400 pounds (closer to 500 FWIW) heavier needs some more grunt to get it going.

The front end IS distinctly a Chevrolet design....

That made no sense at all. He was talking about performance, not sales. And arguing future tech doesn't make a lot of sense either, since you can't go to a dealer today and get a Mustang with the Coyote. And that's exactly what the Dodge and Ford fans were saying to the people who were arguing for the Camaro before it went on sale. In fact, they were saying "I'll believe it when I see it.", as though the Camaro wasn't going to be built in the first place.

You're both right on the styling, though. The Camaro is the only Chevrolet out there that has that front end styling. The rest of the brand, Corvette aside, has the corporate look.... kind of like Mercury, Ford, Mazda, every other car maker on earth does. Right now Ford is going with the razorface look, other than the Mustang. That sounds pretty similar.

I'm not about to argue about which one is better looking, though. It's impossible to take that beyond personal preference.

What I really want to know is.... why hasn't one of you guys gotten riled up about Ford building a TT Ethanol injected 5.0L OHC V8? ;) Of all of the boards I posted that on, I thought this one would have been the first to produce the droolers. In stead we get an argument on how ugly or good looking a Chevy is? What is this, the twilight zone? :toilet:

Reply #28
*sigh*

That made no sense at all. He was talking about performance, not sales.

He factored price into it as well.  And I was responding to this:

simply because ford did not design and put it together.
It sounds as if he's referring to the total package concept; as in performance for value; not just one facet.  THe years where the Camaro weren't even available is a direct disagreement as to how I interpreted his statement.  Can you understand that now!?

Considering it was 3 years late I AM surprised it even showed up to the party.

And arguing future tech doesn't make a lot of sense either, since you can't go to a dealer today and get a Mustang with the Coyote.

Nobody's arguing anything.  It's pretty much well known that the Coyote is coming, and that -- if they are able -- GM will counter with something else and vice versa.  That's what I was getting at.  Did you read the entire statement or just the parts that got under your Go-Go GM skin?

Quote from: Me
Ford & Chevy have played horsepower leapfrog for years

I should add to that and say they've been trying to one-up each other on all fronts -- healthy capitalistic competition -- at least until we see what the U.S government has to say about it anyhow....

What I really want to know is.... why hasn't one of you guys gotten riled up about Ford building a TT Ethanol injected 5.0L OHC V8?

You'll like this:

I'll believe it when I see it.  THAT one is a way off IMHO...

Reply #29
The ford v8 version wouldn't touch the ss, only a shelby would,
Wow, based on what? the new camaro doesnt out perform the mustang in leaps and bounds so to say a mustang wouldn't touch the ss is un warranted. They are close enough to be a drivers race in most cases on the street. They are fairly close and imo, would rather own the slightly slower stang over the ugmo camaro any day. I would never buy one car over another just because it was faster or made more hp either, That is just silly. I wouldn't buy a new car like that unless i could clear it with cash anyway and im certainly not in a point in my life where im able to do so and if i were, i probably wouldn't pull the trigger on a car made by a company soon to be owned by the government. I can't stang GM cars and probably, god willing will never own one again. The camaro never "felt" right to me like a stang does.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~