Skip to main content
Topic: Peugeot makes the best Pod car Concept yet. Dial-up warning! (Read 9562 times) previous topic - next topic

Peugeot makes the best Pod car Concept yet. Dial-up warning!

I would rock the livin' daylights out of this thing!

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/04/15/leave-the-emissions-at-home-electric-peugeot-capsule-concept/

Peugeot also made the previously coolest Pod car ever back in 2000, with the Moonster.

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/concept_cars/peugeot_moonster.html

Reply #1
Now THAT looks neat!

Reply #2
I like it,it looks to be a little top heavy though.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #3
That is frickin' cool.

I've oft wondered why nobody has ever bothered making a streetable ATV. There would be a big market for it, I think (imagine a motorcycle that could be driven year round, gets about 60MPG, and costs under $10k). I imagine the 4-wheel thing is a big hindrance, since that would classify it as a car for safety/emissions standards.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #4
that thing has a freakin winch on it.....

it looks like a golf cart with a single seat and a body....
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

Reply #5
I think its sorta stupid. It could be fun if you lived in the middle of nowhere. I don't see any point in a one person car though.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #6
Quote from: Haystack;267696
I think its sorta stupid. It could be fun if you lived in the middle of nowhere. I don't see any point in a one person car though.

The point of a one person car is that most people drive alone, and most of the time it's to work and back, when you don't need any more cargo space than a suit-case will afford. If and when Pod cars take off, you can expect cheaper parking for them as well. Besides, the more cars like this on the road, the more oil there is to burn in our boats. ;)

Reply #7
Hell that is the first car Peugeot has (i guess prototyped?) that i would buy. Mainly Peugeot is in my opinion an ugly throwback to earlier European cars circa 90's.

Reply #8
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o;267788
Hell that is the first car Peugeot has (i guess prototyped?) that i would buy. Mainly Peugeot is in my opinion an ugly throwback to earlier European cars circa 90's.

I don't know...I think there's some interesting stuff in there lineup as of late.

http://www.peugeot.com/en/products/cars.aspx
http://www.peugeot.com/en/products/engines.aspx
http://www.peugeot.com/en/products/vans.aspx
http://www.peugeot.com/en/products/motorcycles.aspx
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #9
Quote from: Dougy_Fresh;267608
that thing has a freakin winch on it.....

it looks like a golf cart with a single seat and a body....

yeah, I was thinking "atv with an egg on top"
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
now there is a pod I would drive!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #11

That 407 Coupé is pretty sharp. Take a look at that interior. Really nice buckets for the front AND rear passengers. I always liked the 206, from watching them in WRC for so many years, and the 308 looks like a more attractive bigger version.

Peugeot has a long history of building some incredible concept cars over the last ten or fifteen years. I've got to say their design contest produces some impressive machines, and highlights a lot of talent from unknown designers.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/model.aspx?makeID=118&showThumbs=1

It's incredible that a company like Peugeot can make so many different models that fill every possible passenger car niche, yet they're still operational. If this were a US car company, they would have tried building five different cars to broadly cover three or four needs at a time. How do they not compete with themselves? And that's considering that they don't sell any trucks or SUVs. A coupe, sedan, a convertible, and wagon version of every car, barring their smallest one and their MPVs. GM can't even have a Grand Prix and an Impala at the same time without worrying about cutting off their own legs.

Reply #12
The pod needs to be lifted, with some serious bys if i were going to get one!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #13
And there are a lot more than these. I always thought Peugeot had some of the most inventive designers in the industry.

TWIN TURBO DIESEL V12 FTMFW!

Reply #14
I like Peugeot but they have one major problem IMO, they all have the same basic design. All the headlights look the same, all the griles look the same, all the cars basically lok the same. This ruins it for me, theres really no way to look different in a Peugeot.