Skip to main content
Topic: Holy Shnikees...New T/A!? (Read 11240 times) previous topic - next topic

Holy Shnikees...New T/A!?

Reply #30
you know those concept cars that look like they could be put into production and then you never hear about them again once the buzz settles.  thats what one of these are.  that white CAMARO looks like it had a lot of fiberglass work from an aftermarket company.  ibet you my bank thats just a gm assembly line camaro under all of that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #31
Given Pontiac’s demise, it’s clear there won’t be any factory-baked Pontiac Trans-Am coming from General Motors. Enter the aftermarket, which has become suddenly eager to serve buyers wanting a new-school T/A. Indeed, joining the conversion kit offered by Phoenix is this Lingenfelter take on turning your brand-new Camaro SS into the modern Trans-Am of your dreams. The concept debuts in the metal at this year’s SEMA show in Las Vegas.

Fugly

Reply #32
Quote from: ~AC;297357
you know those concept cars that look like they could be put into production and then you never hear about them again once the buzz settles. thats what one of these are. that white CAMARO looks like it had a lot of fiberglass work from an aftermarket company. ibet you my bank thats just a gm assembly line camaro under all of that
If you read the article that Eric tagged, it IS a Camaro.  This thing is little more than an aftermarket Pontiac wannabe that is very customized by ummm, ummm, can't remember the name now.  It musta made a big impression on me, eh?  It's just a way for the die-hard Pontiac fans to keep having their dreams.  And expensive is a good word, but I'm not so sure it captures the real meaning.  Stuck all the way in and broke off is a better description of the price tag on that thing.  It's ALL aftermarket, except the sheet metal on the sides.  Says so right in the C&D article.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

Reply #33
Without spending a million on new sheetmetal dies, where else are they gonna get a body besides the new aro?

Just like the old days...

Where does it say it's straight-up Poncho?

With that said, the ass looks like it was designed by a 9 year old with ADD. It's too wide, too tall, and the taillights look like they're off of a tractor or something.

2-stripe tails, would look better if it were three.
I just ain't feelin' this one. Fail.

The render in the first post(s) looked much better IMO.

Sorry, but that design sure as hell won't entice me any. For that matter, neither Mustang nor Camaro would, as well.

Challenger? yeah, I'd hit that!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #34
Yep...still UGMO...good god, and still not in production HA

I don't car if it runs 10's stock either. To me, its just like that dude at the drag strip with the beat up half primered up civic running 12's. I still would not be caught dead driving one.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #35
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;297407

The render in the first post(s) looked much better IMO.

Yes the render looked quite shagy, I actually liked it.

Reply #36
still aren't any turn signals. it looks like they took all the bad off a two door dodge charger and made it worse, then through a "pontiac" front end on it.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #38
Now [SIZE="7"]THAT[/SIZE] is hot
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #39
Still doesn't quite do it for me, but it definitely looks alot better.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #40
Meh;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #41
Yep, much better but still doesn't get me all torqued up.....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #42
Now THAT is freaking shagy.  I like it better than the styling on the Camaro (even though it essentially is a Camaro).
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #43
Meh thats even worse because it just looks like the car i already think is hideous (The Camaro).

Reply #44
The Bandit T/A isn't half bad, but the Lingenfelter, to me, it looks like they tried entirely TOO HARD to make it look like the 2nd gen! You know what I mean?