Skip to main content
Topic: Chuck's '83 TBird (Read 71801 times) previous topic - next topic

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #60
Nice work man...I know how it is putting up with these py indiana winters and then finally being able to get the car out.  I've been driving mine quite a bit but it has exposed a few gremlins.  Sweet car.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #61
Quote from: 5.0 bird;215977
^ Drools at those foglights. You wouldn't be interested in selling your old covers would you? I'm missing one.

Sorry, but I need a set of covers for the lights when they go on the '80.  That car "needs" the white ones too, but it will get what I have.

The car is tucked away for another couple days as it looks like rain, but most of the week is supposed to be nice, so it will be back out :D
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #62
Very cool find Chuck!
Looking good on both ends.

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #63
You da man Chuck! 

Thanks for the updates. Either color cover looks good on your car...don't think the yellow lenses would work on the 83 tho'

How bout a picture with no covers??  Clear TS lenses, clear fogs...yea man...

Rod
tbirdregistry.com

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #64
I'm planning on using the yellows on the '80 most likely.

Next time I take some "real" pics, I'll do some without the covers...but the are sooo cool though :hick:

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #65
Good to know the car is out getting used again!
-Matt

1996 Probe GT
1968 Fairlane 500

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #66
Well, nothing too exciting has been going on with the car as I've been busy with a host of other things, but I have been working on a little project lately...the rear bulkhead fit out.

The rear deck and the former seat back are now in place.

It's 1/16" ABS covered with some 18oz carpet I picked up online.  I'm actually going to build a small frame for the ex seat bottom as I want to build in a couple recessed compartments to set things in if I need to.

The headliner is coming out and being replaced (with a darker color) since it's starting to come down a bit.  I just noticed that a couple weeks ago.  Good thing I picked up 2 yards of charcoal material when I bought the stuff to redo the Scorpio headliner.

The carpet is kind of nice in that it doesn't have any backing to it, so it's pretty easy to work with.  I just installed it over the wheel wells there.

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #67
Nice work,better looking than the Mustang's seat delete kit..I need to figure out how to make an insulated good looking cover for the bottom of the trunk lid.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #68
looks good chuck.

are you gonna remove the front or rear glass to get the headliner out, or can you still weasle it out with the cage in there? i need to do sumthin with my headliner as well.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #69
Im definatly going to have to take a look at this thing in person soon.

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #70
Thats pretty B. A. Chuck!1
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #71
Quote from: gumby;283771
looks good chuck.

are you gonna remove the front or rear glass to get the headliner out, or can you still weasle it out with the cage in there? i need to do sumthin with my headliner as well.

Good point. I think he only has a bar (not extending past the door pillar in my terms :D) so it might be easier.
1986 Cougar LS

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #72
Quote from: gumby;283771
looks good chuck.

I should be able to wiggle it out.  Good thing I didn't build it with a halo :hick:.  I sure as hell don't want to remove glass...

I also took care of those noisy rod end spacers on the control arms.

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #73
How often do you drive this beast?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #74
Quote from: thunderjet302;284117
How often do you drive this beast?

Not often enough.

I just drove it today, but it had been sitting for a couple weeks before that.
The weather is supposed to be iffy the rest of the week, so I figured I'd better get it out.  My parking situation makes it kind of tedious to get out of the garage, so I need to plan for it so I'm not late for work if I want to drive it in the AM :p