Skip to main content
Topic: Show off the little stuff! (Read 75643 times) previous topic - next topic

Show off the little stuff!

Reply #180
Ok heres some of the little things i did that some people might not of known about.

Fake Carbon Fiber molding to hide the ugly fading silver stripe.

Carbon Fiber Badges for rims.

Carbon Fiber Logo on GFX

Carbon Fiber Badge on C pillar

Fake Carbon Fiber molding on Tail lights to hide the faded Black Stripe.

Shaved Antennia on front passenger side fender and moved it to the passenger rear fender and angled it.

This is my favorite of all.... A picture of Erics sweet Convertable in my paint..... ;) Best mod of all! Boosted coolness by 3 points!

Picture of all the subtle mods... Not all are easy to notice unless your looking for them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #181
The fake Carbon Fiber trim is that stuff you can get on ebay for dirt cheep. Just clean and dry the surface very well and apply. Mine has stayed on for years and never pealed. The real carbon fiber badges were custom made by a company that i dont think are in business anymore.  :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #183
Hey Weasle, I saw your Cougar at Carlisle before. That thing is beautiful!! The same goes for your Vert Eric. Your cars are sweet!!!!!

Reply #184
Quote from: EricCoolCats;351705
...I was hoping you'd think "show off the little stuff" would be your self-portrait...

:flame:

Back for less than 24 hours and the flaming starts...lol 
Man i missed this place...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #185
Quote from: Weasle;351668

Fake Carbon Fiber molding on Tail lights to hide the faded Black Stripe.

Hmmm, yes, neat, but..... Out of line taillights = FAIL.:p

Your car does look pretty bad ass though. Is that wing from an MN12?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #186
Those tail lights have long been replaced. As you can see they had chips in them. New lights are mint and no the wing is just a basic universal wing i picked up when i bought the GST kit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #187
hey Will, welcome back!  Still a kick ass looking Cougar.

Reply #188
Cleaned the headlights. Definatley an improvement

Reply #190
Go with the one on the left.  The Explorer one doesn't go IMO.  That like putting one that says "Focus" under there.

Finally got my front emblem on.

X
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #192
Now I just have to get a nice day so I can clean the car and snap off some good pics.  I have a spot in mind, but now the weather won't cooperate.  It's rained almost every day for the past week and a half....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #193
That is sharp...and same here about the rain, hasn't been as frequent as in your area, but I still have not gotten my garden put in yet.

Maybe Monday...

I need to pay more attention to this thread, too...great stuff here. :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #194
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;389051
I keep going back and forth on which intake plate I like better.

I like the clean look of the Explorer plate, but IMHO the word Explorer has no place on a bird. :p

Quote from: V8Demon;389062
Finally got my front emblem on.

Looks very OEM, I like it!
...and there was light!