Skip to main content
Topic: Road trip... (Read 801 times) previous topic - next topic

Road trip...

Spent most of the day on the road todayDrove from Columbus to Columbiana to pick up a guitar from 84fila. He's a good guy a dedicated Ford man. (extra points in my book) Had dinner and some interesting conversation at the restaurant where he works. Had a look at his Fila T-bird, VERY nice, a car to be proud of especially doing all the work himself. Engine in it sounds strong and I can't wait to see it finished.

As for the trip itself, fairly uneventful driving for about 7 hours. Fell victim to one of my own pet peaves, got distracted and ran a red light on US 30. Fortunately it had JUST turned red and no one pulled out in front of me but it woke me up in a hurry. The distraction? A woman with an incredible butt stuffed into some snug jeans getting into a nice Mustang GT at a gas station. :D

The cat ran great all day, still has a minor idling glitch to work out and it has a vibration at speed from some mismatched lug nuts. The lugnut problem will be solved on wednesday with new Ford nuts for the turbines. (I still can't believe they wanted $5/ea. for chrome caps)Best part is it made the entire 7 hour trip on one tank of gas. I couldn't believe it.

Road trip...

Reply #1
After seing his cougar, I now want one. The look never really goit it off for me but again, I loved the look of his. He truly is a great guy and I thank you for the buisness.

Road trip...

Reply #2
The lugnut problem will be solved on wednesday with new Ford nuts for the turbines. (I still can't believe they wanted $5/ea. for chrome caps)

Heh...I used to fall into that trap. I don't know what it is about them, but the Ford lug nuts will start flaking chrome off after about a year, then the rust sets in and they start looking like ola. And then you wonder why they were so expensive when all they do is rust not long after buying them. Quality control is definitely not Job1 on those.

So now, I always buy and recommend the actual McGard lug nuts and/or lock set. McGard makes them for Ford (must be the rejects LOL) but it's way cheaper to get them outside of a Ford dealership. I want to say the last set I bought was something like $50-60 US from Summit Racing. They have a lifetime warranty including rust, and McGard is great about getting you a spare locking key and whatnot. I mean, you don't have to go this route, but after wasting a LOT of money through the Ford dealer for worthless lug nuts, I learned my lesson and thought I'd pass along the info to you, FYI style. ;)

Road trip...

Reply #3
Good info to have. :)

The caps always fell off mine a week after getting new tires mounted. ed impact wrenches.

I wish I had known about the McGard stuff on Fri. I wouldn't have paid to order 13 from Ford. (Dealer only had 3 in stock)

Road trip...

Reply #4
You told me about that. How can you only have 3? Don't they come in sets?

Road trip...

Reply #5
Sounds like a good trip.
I try to make it over to Claude's location every once in a while. Hell, we were at the Columbus Pick & Pull just a few weekends ago.

What kind of guitar did you buy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]