Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Motor mounts (Read 212 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: Motor mounts

Re: Motor mounts

Did you read any of the other posts? You never responded to the questions. You just basically repeated your original post.

Do you have your old stock mounts? If not, you're going to need to find a set of used stock 86-88 mounts for the brackets and then but some isolators like in the RockAuto link I posted above? It has SEVERAL options of isolators. The engine type doesn't matter, as ALL of the isolators are the same from 86-97.

Reply #1
Thanks for info Chuck . Will 87 thunderbird turbo coupe 2.3 engine mounts(pedestals)  fit with 86 cougar xr7 2.3 ? Are they interchangeable  can I go with hydraulic mounts ? Any info were to by  stock direct fit thanks sal

Re: Re: Motor mounts

Reply #2
Thanks for info Chuck . Will 87 thunderbird turbo coupe 2.3 engine mounts(pedestals)  fit with 86 cougar xr7 2.3 ? Are they interchangeable  can I go with hydraulic mounts ? Any info were to by  stock direct fit thanks sal
Look back at my post where I linked to RockAuto (In red) for isolators that you can use. Pick some, hydraulic or solid, and install them into the stock brackets.

The 87-88TC brackets will work for the 86.

Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #3
ThanksChuck for clearing this up  sal