Skip to main content
Topic: Lookit da purdy's!!! (Read 2820 times) previous topic - next topic

Lookit da purdy's!!!

Got an early christmas gift from my friends the other day :bowdown:. 'Bout wet myself when I opened the box and saw them. They're so bright and shiny I didn't want to ruin them by installing them but my friends insisted!
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Re: Lookit da purdy's!!!

Reply #1
awesome, how's the light pattern?

Keep em waxed and hope it protects them a bit
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #2
very nice i need to get something like that for my car but very nice

Reply #3
Quote from: Seek
awesome, how's the light pattern?

Keep em waxed and hope it protects them a bit

They need a little adjusting to be perfect, but other than that, they're awesome. It's simply night and day when comparing them with the old ones. I think it'll be a while before I get over how bright they are! No more driving with the brights on all the time tho, that's for sure! :grinno:

Reply #4
They do look a hell of a lot better than the yellowed ones, that's for sure.

Not the same type of headlights, but my '86 had a pair of the old sealed beams that had tiny holes in them.. and they had clouded up pretty badly. (both passenger-side lights were messed up) Replacing those made a world of difference in the appearance of the front end, I thought. Now I just need to clean up the lights of the '88 and of my mother's ZX2. (ten years newer, but look almost as bad) At least she has the fog/driving lights to help make up for any loss of output.

Reply #5
Dems are purdy OoOoOoOoOoOo :cool:
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #6
I'm jealous.  And not just a little bit either.

Reply #7
Quote from: chronicinsomnia
I'm jealous.  And not just a little bit either.

*stiffles giggle*  :giggle:

Reply #8
Brilliantly clear :)

Reply #9
Those are niiiice.  I never understood why Ford just didn't make the lenses out of glass like Honda did with their Accords in the early 90's.  One of my co-workers has a '91 Accord and the headlights are just as clear as the day they were made because they aren't made of cheap plastic.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #10
Quote from: jkirchman
Those are niiiice.  I never understood why Ford just didn't make the lenses out of glass like Honda did with their Accords in the early 90's.  One of my co-workers has a '91 Accord and the headlights are just as clear as the day they were made because they aren't made of cheap plastic.

I'm still curious if I could get a mold done from somewhere that could be used to make some glass lenses. I need to call around and see what is feasible for a fair price. I can see it now; "we'll only do it for a minimum order of $2000" :wtf:

I've seen people manage to get custom molded fresnel lenses from shops so it can't be too much more difficult to get a place to do headlights - and they were relatively cheap for being a custom mold (larger lenses were needed so people could use lcd's larger than 17" in DIY projectors).
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #11
Group buy time, then? :p

Reply #12
seems I can't find more than one place locally that deals with glass, and they only do flat and automotive glass. In Washington, I found a company that does cast glass, but I'm waiting for a reply on whether they are capable of doing this and at what strength the glass can be.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #14
Me too.  If they weren't astronomically priced I'm very interested.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0