Skip to main content
Topic: Look what the cat dragged in... (Read 1851 times) previous topic - next topic

Look what the cat dragged in...

Reply #2
thats a nice clean looking ride.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 tbird lx 5.0 ho t5 swap
04 dsg gt

Reply #3
This little gem, this beautiful blank canvas, came in on trade this Wednesday.  An old man, the father of one of our office ladies, traded it in. What he bought, I have no idea, but this was his trade in. 71,000 miles, 5.0L, no rust, no solar damage, no fading, no cracking, no nothing.  I am now the second owner. 

It's even that same color as my current car. Differences are, interior color (grey to my red), equipment (base to my LX).  I'll end up swapping over my Engine, Trans, Rear, Exhaust, and most everything under the dash including my Full Digital Cluster, and my EATC, I'll also end up swapping in my dual 10 way power seats (but recovered in the pads and covers from the grey interior). The only thing I'll have to give up is my moonroof which will be sorely missed.

I'm uncertain as to whether I should reassemble the current car (the LX) with the removed parts from the clean one, or sell off the removed parts and s the body (or what's left of it after 26 Michigan winters).  While I like the idea of putting it back on the road (the LX), I can't help but wonder which way would recover more of my costs.  Input?

Reply #4
lucky guy man that thing is nice I only wish I could stumble upon deals like that haha.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 tbird lx 5.0 ho t5 swap
04 dsg gt

Reply #5
That's nice clean score

Reply #6
The cat didn't drag that in, that bird flew in on its own. NICE. I would keep them both, depending on just how bad the body of the LX is, but agree it's probably worth more as parts.

Reply #7
DANG! That car looks sweet, the only birds that I can find around here are all beat up...........
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Reply #8
Great find!! Wish our 66k 'bird hadn't been modded before I got it! Did you get a good price??
88 5.0 LX  66,000 original miles
92 5.0 LX Mustang convertible 82,000 original miles

Reply #10
yeow!  Great price, congrats!
88 5.0 LX  66,000 original miles
92 5.0 LX Mustang convertible 82,000 original miles

Reply #12
Clean Michigan rust free fox....you suck!

Travis

Good luck with your plans

Reply #13
Wow, serious good score!  Another option is to do a nice detail in the spring, hit some car shows and I bet you could find another enthusiast willing to buy it for the show scene (they are antiques don't you know! :hick:)  while netting you a profit with little effort.

Amazing to find such a nice clean example in MI. 

More pics when you get a chance!
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #14
Not a chance!  I'm keeping it.  I'm going to have to get rid of my LX and that's the not nice one.  The body and interior are in really rough shape, but my powertrain and running gear are awesome. The transaction is stronger and more efficient, the engine almost twice as powerful and the rear has a 3.73 that I'd like to keep.  #bodyswap