Skip to main content
Topic: Seeking help with a circuit design (Read 4069 times) previous topic - next topic

Seeking help with a circuit design

Reply #30
Very nice.  Basically the same ckt I used but I can see an improvement I can make.  :hick:

The simulator is neat but seems to be a little flaky if the wires aren't connected exactly.  The NPN in your example was misbehaving.

Can you also provide the part #s of the components you used?
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #31
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;394132
Special thanks to Thunder Chicken, your idea got me going in the right direction, and to jcassity, even though I didn't go with your simple version, it was very helpful to have somebody explain the finer points to me.  My final RC values were 549k ohms and 1000uF with a 10nF as the constant and 2.2k ohms between kill trigger and kill power to make the transistor act like a nc relay.  Somebody asked for a diagram when I figured it out, so here it is. 

X

Love it. Nice work guys!

Reply #32
Quote from: rodsterh;394319
Very nice.  Basically the same ckt I used but I can see an improvement I can make.  :hick:

The simulator is neat but seems to be a little flaky if the wires aren't connected exactly.  The NPN in your example was misbehaving.

Can you also provide the part #s of the components you used?

Yeah, a materials list would be helpful to us electrical noobs. :bowdown:

Reply #33
S5D, 2222 NPN transistors, 1000uF cap, 10nF cap, 549k resistor, 2.2k resistor, a large cube relay, a 2x4 project box and a 204-0006-01 schmartboard.  That's about it.  See the diagram I left a page back.

Reply #34
Just got a DEI 528T  unit to play with. Would hold for 1-90 seconds after door switch activation, then cut off. I THINK?