Skip to main content
Topic: '87 TC in South Columbus... (Read 481 times) previous topic - next topic

'87 TC in South Columbus...

Was driving by a small used car lot on S. High st. yesterday and saw a Turbo Coupe on the lot. I circled around and pulled in for a better look and some info. Didn't have a camera with me so no pics, b ut here's the scoop:

'87 Turbo Coupe, 5 spd, red on red velour, 247k miles. Body did not appear to have any serious rust but has been recently repainted (not a fabulous job but typical of Maaco)couldn't find any signs of bondo.

There are some minor parking lot dings and looks like someone did a little banging on the right rear quarter but all fixable.

Interior is fairly faded and the leather is cracked and dry rotted, wheel and shift boot, but otherwise clean.

Engine started right up and idled smoothly but immeditaely told of serious exhaust work being needed. Clutch engaged smoothly and didn't hang going into any gears sitting still. Unfortunately the car was sorta boxedx in so I couldn't move it.

Windshield says, "2700 cash OBO"

I told the guy with that mileage and its current condition it's worth $1200 at the most. He ignored me.

I figure if someone walked in with cash and made him a reasonable offer he'd take it.

It's at 1800 S. High st. Columbus, OH 43207, New-2-U Auto Sales, (614)443-8662

Reply #1
I woulda thought someone wuld be all over this by now. The car looks very workable as a project, or a  good parts car.

Reply #2
Why can't I find something like that around HERE?  I would be all over it if I didn't have to spend as much on the plane ticket (and the gas on the way back) as I would on the car.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #3
I paid $1000 for mine. and its got 257k on the bottom end and less than 10K on top end.