Skip to main content
Topic: '85 Cougar 5.0 for sale, Cleveland/Akron area *Cougar is now near Lima OH/Ft Wayne IN (Read 591 times) previous topic - next topic

'85 Cougar 5.0 for sale, Cleveland/Akron area *Cougar is now near Lima OH/Ft Wayne IN

Hey I'm new here, I've known Eric Dess for a few years through email though.  Anyway, I'm selling my 85 Cougar and would love for someone who appreciates these cars to have a shot at it.  I don't have any real recent pics, but if someone wants some I can scan some I've got laying around. 

Here's the info on it:

2-tone black upper/grey lower, 121,000 miles, 302 V8, AOD, PW, PL, keyless, cruise, Sony CD player, 6 newer speakers, very nice sounding dual exhaust system, K&N air filter, moonroof, tires have less than 18k on them.  Car runs awesome, decent MPG, usually around 16-17 in city driving, get it out on the highway and it'll do 20 easy.  Fun car to drive, hate to sell it (I've had it since '99) but I got a Mustang and have no room for it.

And I have to list a few things that aren't so hot on it:

Has some rust on the lower parts of the car, don't think it's rusted through anywhere, looks mostly to be surface stuff.  The driver door lock is screwed up, it locks, but only by hand and from the inside, not sure what it needs, but I haven't bothered to fix it.  Passenger power window is weak, still runs, but you have to help it up and down.  AC went out a few years ago.  Lastly, I think it's got a bearing up front on one of the wheels that seems to be going bad.

Well if anyone has any more questions just let me know.  I'm located between Cleveland and Akron Ohio, so if anyone wants to see it let me know.  I'm planning to drive it back to my parents over by Lima Ohio next weekend (Nov. 20th), so if you want to see it here act fast, and if you want to see it near Lima let me know too.

$1000/make offer.

Let me know what you all think.  I'll try to find some pics to scan sometime tomorrow.

Re: '85 Cougar 5.0 for sale (Cleveland/Akron area)

Reply #1
oh, and it has power mirrors and power driver seat too, all work great.