Skip to main content
Topic: 3.8L Shorty Headers (Read 1313 times) previous topic - next topic

3.8L Shorty Headers

I have a set of headers off a 97 stang w/38k.  I sand blasted them to clean the dirt off and make them pretty, replaced the two broken studs, got new nuts for them, then painted them with high temp (2400*) silver.  I however have no use for them anymore, Im looking to get $65 but am open to offers.  I'll get pics up later if theres any intrest.

Re: 3.8L Shorty Headers

Reply #1
Let me chime in.  These are direct replacements for our era V-6's.  I bought a set of mid-90's V-6 headers and they match up to the gaskets PERFECTLY.  I paid $30.00 more than what Sancho is offering his up for.  I can't wait to get mine installed.

Chris
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

Reply #2
These are the stock manifolds or actually headers? Either way its better than what is on an 87 3.8. Anyway i might be interested. do you have any pix?

Reply #3
the 94+ mustangs came with an actual tubular header from the factory, and they flow up to about 300hp before they become a restriction, which would be nearly impossible to pull out of an 87 3.8
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Quote from: Tbird232ci
the 94+ mustangs came with an actual tubular header from the factory, and they flow up to about 300hp before they become a restriction, which would be nearly impossible to pull out of an 87 3.8

I'm gonna have to agree with you there.

But i am still interested in the headers. email me at cvracer44@zoominternet.net

Reply #5
also as a heads up, ive heard some stang h-pipes will bolt up to those headers, but i havnt seen any proof of it, and you cant use your stock exhaust

headers will be one of the best things you could do to pull power out of your 3.8L though
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
what year h-pipe would fit? a fox style h-pipe or a 94+ h-pipe?

Reply #7
fox style, but im not 100% sure
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #8
Thanks Shawn, I bolted the h-pipe I bought (79-93 5.0) right to it and it fit perfect.  As A added bonus I have the plugs needded to block off the extra o2 hole as well as a tapped hole to block off the egr at the header. Yes these are stock headers off of a sn-95 stang.

Reply #9
pics